• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 1 CGC Qualified 4.5 - INCOMPLETE!!!

22 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Is it worth investing? Coupon clipped from page 12, affects story. Incomplete, easy spoken. But I’d like to know if this book is even worth the time. Because of the Green Label, it’s gotta be worth something, no? If yes, what is the estimate value of it? Like how much is it worth according to you? And will the value of this book grows with time? I’ve been quite curious about that.

A2EE9FDB-BEC2-4D36-8632-510E4FDFA03A.jpeg

0E40A05F-9BA4-411B-AC06-E82BCB4CB368.jpeg

8BBA8FA6-DAE9-4786-83B7-70C8C963C015.jpeg

Edited by ChieftainGino

Since you ask "Is it worth investing", I'd have to say that only you can answer that for yourself.  If it's for sale for $2.00, I'd probably say yes for me.  But it also depends on other factors, like what's available in the market, (raw, Blue Label Graded, etc.) and the reason you are buying it.  I personally wouldn't buy it to make money, but I might consider purchasing it if I really wanted this issue and the price was really very good, and other CGC Graded Universal Labels weren't available or within my budget.

Future market demand will drive the cost up and down, and being a Qualified Green label, it probably won't move very much, especially when compared to a Universal label of the same grade (or maybe even a little lower grade as the version you have pictured would be a much lower Universal label grade).

Hope this helps as a start and I assume others will offer some great thoughts as well.

Welcome to the boards!

DJ

This book MIGHT be worth it, but honestly it would take an expert looking at it in person to know for sure.  Unless you can get it OBVIOUSLY cheap, it's not a good investment for YOU, if you're asking internet strangers.  Also, investment preferences vary by person.

Good luck.

Thank you people for your honest opinion, regarding this book. 

Appreciated a ton. And I'm rather new to this whole comic scheme. One quick question though, are comics from the 80's to Modern Age worth collecting?

What I meant to ask was, are there any valuable comics from the 80's? Sorry, if this question come off weird or strange. I truly have no clue, asking/speaking as a learning student right here.

2 minutes ago, ChieftainGino said:

Appreciated a ton. And I'm rather new to this whole comic scheme. One quick question though, are comics from the 80's to Modern Age worth collecting?

What I meant to ask was, are there any valuable comics from the 80's? Sorry, if this question come off weird or strange. I truly have no clue, asking/speaking as a learning student right here.

I'd say only some from the Copper age. I don't collect the modern age, but that's just me, and I'm a newb

1 hour ago, revat said:

This book MIGHT be worth it, but honestly it would take an expert looking at it in person to know for sure.  Unless you can get it OBVIOUSLY cheap, it's not a good investment for YOU, if you're asking internet strangers.  Also, investment preferences vary by person.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

the pictures are terrible. If those are the pictures the seller put up to sell the book I wouldn't buy it.

the pictures are terrible. If those are the pictures the seller put up to sell the book I wouldn't buy it.

2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I would not pay over a grand for that.

2 hours ago, Mystafo said:

No

3 hours ago, Donald Jack said:

Since you ask "Is it worth investing", I'd have to say that only you can answer that for yourself.  If it's for sale for $2.00, I'd probably say yes for me.  But it also depends on other factors, like what's available in the market, (raw, Blue Label Graded, etc.) and the reason you are buying it.  I personally wouldn't buy it to make money, but I might consider purchasing it if I really wanted this issue and the price was really very good, and other CGC Graded Universal Labels weren't available or within my budget.

Future market demand will drive the cost up and down, and being a Qualified Green label, it probably won't move very much, especially when compared to a Universal label of the same grade (or maybe even a little lower grade as the version you have pictured would be a much lower Universal label grade).

Hope this helps as a start and I assume others will offer some great thoughts as well.

Welcome to the boards!

DJ

59 minutes ago, ChieftainGino said:

there are lots. 

there are lots. 

Thank you for your response. Are comic books lot off Real Estate (eBay) worth buying? 

I mean I know that in the end, it'll land on me to do the searching. Going one by one, diamond in the rough, so to speak. 

I would be careful if buying books on eBay, especially if it's an older comic. I say this because they may not always take the necessary pictures to inform you of its condition. Whether you buy for investing or simply for fun, always be sure you understand what condition the book is in. CGC is an exception, though I've never bought a CGC qualified book. Some things are looking for white pages, all corners being sharp and crisp, spine stress, having both staples, and so on. Hope this helps when making a purchase for any comic! 

???  What is your end goal here?

Are you looking to purchase books for investment purposes only?

Are you looking to buy cheap and hope to flip for a profit in the future?

OR...

Are you looking to collect for the "joy" of collecting?

19 hours ago, ChieftainGino said:

As a general whole, no.

There are valuable books, yes. But the amount of books worth more than $1000 or even $500 is much much lower than Bronze or Silver Age. Plus, I am assuming you are asking from a monetary standpoint of collecting. If collecting for enjoyment, one could argue that some of the best comics came out in the 80s and that a lot are definitely worth collecting. 

I can't tell you what to collect. There are certainly a lot of books out there that have value. For me, the book has to have something about it which makes it appealing, and not just from a monetary standpoint. A great cover. A great story. Great artwork. Sentimental value. I pass on a lot of books for various reasons; condition, availability, eye appeal. There are some books I simply can't stand looking at because of the cover art. The great thing about this hobby is that you have so many choices. Just be sure to make the right choice for you...

Edited by The Lions Den

7 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

???  What is your end goal here?

Are you looking to purchase books for investment purposes only?

Are you looking to buy cheap and hope to flip for a profit in the future?

OR...

Are you looking to collect for the "joy" of collecting?

I'd go with the second n third options. In hope for it to be worth at least something in the future, and for joy of collecting as well, of course.

Which is why I don't mind searching through thousands and thousands of comics, if need be.

5 hours ago, ChieftainGino said:

I'd go with the second n third options. In hope for it to be worth at least something in the future, and for joy of collecting as well, of course.

Which is why I don't mind searching through thousands and thousands of comics, if need be.

Then just run google searches of key and valuable comics from the eras you’re interested in.  That’s a good place to start.  In order to make good investments for your own preferences you’ll need to read and research on your own more than any internet stranger will be able to help you.

I saw this book sold last night at auction for $4277 US I think this is over market value but hey what do I know someone was willing to pay that much on E Bay. 

5 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I saw this book sold last night at auction for $4277 US I think this is over market value but hey what do I know someone was willing to pay that much on E Bay. 

"It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay..."  :preach: