• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem with eBay/USPS - How to Proceed?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2019 at 6:07 AM, I like pie said:

It's absolutely the seller's responsibility until the buyer receives the item.

It is what it is, I guess but I've always had a problem with this. In an ideal world, the shipping company would be responsible and not the seller, as long as the seller did nothing wrong. It makes me angry to be held accountable for something that's not my fault. Complete bullpoop.

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

It is what it is, I guess but I've always had a problem with this. In an ideal world, the shipping company would be responsible and not the seller, as long as the seller did nothing wrong. It makes me angry to be held accountable for something that's not my fault. Complete bullpoop.

I think my biggest problem here is that it isn't my fault either. It's USPS's fault. But does that mean since the seller shipped media mail and not another method that it becomes his fault? Even though from his end it appears as though it was delivered without issue?

I don't think there is an easy answer (which is one of the reasons why I reached out here for advice). 

1 hour ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I think my biggest problem here is that it isn't my fault either. It's USPS's fault. But does that mean since the seller shipped media mail and not another method that it becomes his fault? Even though from his end it appears as though it was delivered without issue?

I don't think there is an easy answer (which is one of the reasons why I reached out here for advice). 

This is one of the reasons I rarely use media mail---it's the "Rodney Dangerfield" of the USPS...  

1 hour ago, Kon_Jelly said:

But does that mean since the seller shipped media mail and not another method that it becomes his fault?

He could have shipped it 1st class or priority and it still could have been delivered to the wrong location. The fact that it's media mail does not make it more likely to be not delivered to the correct address. 

I agree the media mail is irrelevant...if you bought it off ebay you agreed to the media mail when you paid. You could have easily asked for priority mail if you had a problem with media mail. (Assuming that he stated that it was media mail in the listing of course.)

On 4/23/2019 at 11:34 AM, Kon_Jelly said:

Have you contacted your P.O. or just looked at the online tracking? Talk to the Postmaster at your local office so they can initiate a search.

1. Like a previous poster said the USPS can GPS locate exactly where the package was scanned delivered. 

2. The USPS does not consider comic books Media Mail. Media Mail is at all times inspectable, if comic books are discovered before being shipped out, the USPS will return it to the sender with a nice little note saying this is not Media Mail. If it makes it to the it's destination post office, the post office can attach a postage due to the package.

3. I believe on eBay, the seller is overall responsible for the insurance of the package. 

4. In closing, if the GPS does say that it was misdelivered, your local post office should make an effort to retrieve the package (going to the door and/or placing a typed letter in the mailbox asking for the package back.) If the package cannot be recovered, the postal service will say that it was not insured and that there is nothing we can do, take it up with the seller. I could be wrong, but I believe the seller is on the hook for this one.