• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest from voldy. Bringing FB groups to an uproar.
1 1

33 posts in this topic

I find criticisms regarding the chain of custody to be quite hypocritical considering how likely it is that someone is going to sneak something past them in their verified signature program. 

This is basically what was said in the thread quoted above, by shinwar boardie

They are referencing what CGC started at C2E2. *Image and quote from fb post*

"They use these tamper-proof bags now instead of keeping invoices open at the cgc booth at cons. They let you take them home and bring them back before the show ends. They put the books in there along with a paper disc that lists all the contents and is signed by an AW. Allows you to leave the artists' table and go walk around instead of having to go back to the booth after getting sigs if they're spaced out."

No photo description available.

•  

I don't really see a break in chain of custody, I can see an argument for it, but regardless, this should cut down on confusion. 

Especially if cgc or facilitator can assign one person per artist and with plenty of these bags etc. 

I don't know though :foryou:

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is basically what was said in the thread quoted above, by shinwar boardie

They are referencing what CGC started at C2E2. *Image and quote from fb post*

"They use these tamper-proof bags now instead of keeping invoices open at the cgc booth at cons. They let you take them home and bring them back before the show ends. They put the books in there along with a paper disc that lists all the contents and is signed by an AW. Allows you to leave the artists' table and go walk around instead of having to go back to the booth after getting sigs if they're spaced out."

No photo description available.

•  

I really don’t see the problem with that system

9 hours ago, Ira K said:

I just can't picture someone taking a CGC SS book across the street and saying " Please put my book in your case so I can make less money " doh!

There are some people that have what I call manufactured outrage and also feel the need to waste their money. 

Some bone heads over on the other forum think that you will be able to just open the bag with ease and put non witnessed items in it. And CGC will never know. :facepalm: Just like how easy it is to restore a book and get it past the experts. Do they have but 1 brain cell that they share amongst themselves? I'm not going over there to read anymore. Too aggravating. 

5 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Some bone heads over on the other forum think that you will be able to just open the bag with ease and put non witnessed items in it. And CGC will never know. :facepalm: Just like how easy it is to restore a book and get it past the experts. Do they have but 1 brain cell that they share amongst themselves? I'm not going over there to read anymore. Too aggravating. 

But this is okay, right?