• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Straw-Man said:

mcu probably has a "question away" attitude, or they should--may make people go back for more looks to get answers [or even fail to get answers] to said questions.  

Not really. Because after Infinity War, the Russo Brothers had to clarify a few things not clear in the film. And yet with that, I really enjoyed that film.

Not to say Endgame did not have enjoyable high points. It sure did.

Now that the film is done and I have some distance and time to digest, I sorta hope there will be no more Avengers movies. I don’t like who is left as much as who we had. I think stand alone films with maybe a cross over is good enough. 

I'm probably going to be in the minority here with my assessment but the movie never met my expectations.

I'm not saying it wasn't enjoyable or unwatchable, however:

Hulk/Banner was a fail for me and completely distracting throughout the whole movie.

I really wanted the Hulk Thanos rematch and this time I wanted to see the Hulk slip into the rage that would deliver us the "strongest one" phrase and have him inflict some serious physical damage.

The Thor comedy. Unwatchable. Thor had just finally reached a "maturity" in Raganarok and powered up and made an impact in Infinity War and then he steps off the set of the Big Lebowski and onto Endgame? No. What a waste.

Enjoyed Scarlet Witch cutting loose and dominating Thanos, granted he didn't have the gauntlet.

I'll blame this all on Starlin, he gave us such a great story in Infinity Gauntlet it was never going to be surpassed on the screen.

Just saw the movie and loved it. A fitting end to a great series of movies. Definitely going again to give it another watch. 

As for Cap, I tend to agree with the thought that he went back to live the life with Peggy that neither of them were able to have before.

As for the shield, didn't he lose/drop one after Civil War, (or was it Winter Soldier)? Maybe everyone just assumed it was lost, but this Steve Rogers went and scooped it up and saved it for this exact moment?

3 minutes ago, Antpark said:

Just saw the movie and loved it. A fitting end to a great series of movies. Definitely going again to give it another watch. 

As for Cap, I tend to agree with the thought that he went back to live the life with Peggy that neither of them were able to have before.

As for the shield, didn't he lose/drop one after Civil War, (or was it Winter Soldier)? Maybe everyone just assumed it was lost, but this Steve Rogers went and scooped it up and saved it for this exact moment?

He left it to Stark after the battle with him and Bucky.  Stark said he didnt deserve the shield, so he dropped it.  Hence why he gave it back to him in this film. 

2 hours ago, 1webslinger said:

Didn't Howard Stark present Cap with the shield and say we made a few of these? If so Steve could have took one of the extras and gave it to Sam and it wouldn't affect the timeline 

Nm.  Should have refreshed.  Its already been stated

Edited by sd2416

One of the biggest surprises to me was that Cap passed the mantle to Sam instead of Bucky.  I always figured Bucky would become the “new” Cap.  

I don’t have a problem with Sam as the new Cap, other than he has no enhanced capabilities.  Which they can work around.  

1 minute ago, chrisco37 said:

One of the biggest surprises to me was that Cap passed the mantle to Sam instead of Bucky.  I always figured Bucky would become the “new” Cap.  

I don’t have a problem with Sam as the new Cap, other than he has no enhanced capabilities.  Which they can work around.  

Same thinking. Nothing against Sam at all, and if anything I felt with his flying capabilities he is too valuable to sacrifice. But with some of the comments made here concerning Bucky's state of mind, it makes a lot of sense.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Right now with all the early release glamour, some will ignore the plot holes and character decisions that don't seem to flow with the MCU lore.

But it is interesting if this was any other studio, they'd be picking apart 'not what CHARACTER X would do' or 'man, the plot holes in this film'. Disney hypnotism works on us all.

emotion01.gif.1d456dda992dafb871506763e2a3b9f9.gif

5 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Im conflicted ...A part of me really likes cap staying the line and growing old afraid to tamper with the timeline ... but I also feel it’s out of character for him ... Cap always stood for what’s right ... the greater good . I don’t see him sitting idly around until 2023 . But I digress .

I see why you would say that, but if Cap interferes to fight Hydra, save Tony's parents, etc. then he is only saving those people in that particular timeline. The original MCU timeline cannot be changed; what's done is done. So at a certain point, Cap either tries to save everyone who ever exists in every new timeline he continually keeps creating, or he gets a chance to live his life and enjoy a little happiness of his own. 

I'm probably every bit as selfless and heroic as Steve Rogers, but even I occasionally take time out for nice restaurants, movies, and forum postings when my time could probably be better spent feeding hungry children or assisting the elderly. One person can only sacrifice so much. Cap saved the earth a couple times now. He's earned this ending.

1 hour ago, Smeagol Eye Cherry said:

He's earned this ending.

Yes!  

That’s how I felt.  He deserved that finish.  Even if nobody else was aware of it.  He was.  

I felt like they made a point to highlight Cap in this movie.  Deservedly so.  He’s the “first Avenger”.  They did such a good job over the years staying true to the character.  And Evans (an actor I didn’t particularly like) was the perfect casting.  He’s been phenomenal over the run.  I can’t imagine anyone playing a better Cap.  He deserved the ending as much as “Cap” did.  

15 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yes!  

That’s how I felt.  He deserved that finish.  Even if nobody else was aware of it.  He was.  

I felt like they made a point to highlight Cap in this movie.  Deservedly so.  He’s the “first Avenger”.  They did such a good job over the years staying true to the character.  And Evans (an actor I didn’t particularly like) was the perfect casting.  He’s been phenomenal over the run.  I can’t imagine anyone playing a better Cap.  He deserved the ending as much as “Cap” did.  

Plus he has "America's :censored:"

Booty (:

41 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Plus he has "America's :censored:"

Booty (:

:roflmao:

That line was too funny. Especially when he checked out his own butt.

58 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yes!  

hey, I am as big a Captain America fan as the average fanatic. I get it.

But by Cap not engaged in the timeline like he was before Endgame:

1) Who motivated Sam to become Falcon?

2) Who convinces Bucky to snap out of his Winter Soldier trance?

3) Who overcomes Hydra infiltrating SHIELD?

This character has had so much of an influence on the MCU, it would be a big impact not to have him there forming the MCU timeline. No matter how much he deserves the good life (which he does).

The more I think about it, cap just showing up as an old man seems cheap and a little cliched. It was tell me don’t show me. For such a huge part of the story to be wrapped up in that gimmick seemed...uh...”Gimmicky”. 

The more I review this movie, the less enamored with it I become LOL. I better stop :)

I liked it.  I thought that, of all the characters, Cap was the (rightful) focal point of the movie.  

He had all the best scenes in the movie (Cap vs Cap, the elevator, Molnjir, etc).  

He helped save the universe. He helped set it back/fixed things.  And he got to live out his alternative reality (like Tony told him to). 

It was the perfect end to his story.  I thought it was a fitting end for him.

Edited by chrisco37

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This was a massive high point for me, in that it was hinted in Age of Ultron he could lift Mjolnir. So to see Cap in battle swinging it around was fantastic.

But due to my love of Captain America: The Winter Soldier the other high point was 'Hail Hydra'. So smooth how that was inserted into a key scene, and the shock on their faces.

I also think the 'Hail Hydra' line was a nod to the Hydra Cap storyline in the comics.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Is that what they were going for? Interesting.

Well. I could be wrong. I just know that a lot of people were upset with that run in the comics.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

That line was too funny. Especially when he checked out his own butt.

hey, I am as big a Captain America fan as the average fanatic. I get it.

But by Cap not engaged in the timeline like he was before Endgame:

1) Who motivated Sam to become Falcon?

2) Who convinces Bucky to snap out of his Winter Soldier trance?

3) Who overcomes Hydra infiltrating SHIELD?

This character has had so much of an influence on the MCU, it would be a big impact not to have him there forming the MCU timeline. No matter how much he deserves the good life (which he does).

The other Cap is still there to do those things. Just like at the battle of NY.

Edited by Rip