Mycomicshop charges a 25% restocking fee on returns!
5 5

75 posts in this topic

4,879 posts

Yes, I am shaming them.  (:  Holy , Batman.  I purchased the wrong sized bags from them which I am very careful when placing an order.  Perhaps it was my mistake but I wanted to make sure I order the proper material bags.  I use them for my TPBs.  I inquired about returning them and they claim they didn't make any mistake and there is a 25% restocking fee.  SERIOUSLY?  The product is $13.00 and they are going to bust my hump for $3.00.  Guess who will NEVER see my business again.  There are way too many comic dealers and online shops.  I am SO happy that I didn't give them my business when I spent $200+ on comic supplies. 

MCS, Goodbye.  I stopped purchase from MileHigh as I didn't care for the owner's rants when crisis happened, nor his politics.  I am so happy that you are willing to lose a customer over $3.25.  Go fist yourself.

8,118 posts

Strange.

I don't buy supplies for selling, but I wouldn't do business for returns like that for my personal bags/boards, either.

26,642 posts

calm down.jpg

10,460 posts

Was it not in bold print somewhere when you bought it? Maybe an extra button at check out would do the trick :wishluck: 

2,638 posts

So did they sent you what you ordered or they sent you the wrong thing?

Or did you order the wrong thing thinking it was what you wanted?

3,652 posts
1 hour ago, JWKyle said:

That sh*ts heavy right there.

5,274 posts

I love MCS.

I'm pretty sure they don't hide their restocking fee practice.

12,272 posts
2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
3 hours ago, nocutename said:

I purchased the wrong sized bags..........Perhaps it was my mistake.............they claim they didn't make any mistake........

Somebody made a mistake.

Did you make the mistake or did they make the mistake?

For :censored:s sake who made the :censored:ing mistake :mad:

1,373 posts

So MyComicShop and Calmerica are the only 2 entities to charge restocking fees in this era of the entitled consumer.... good luck with those business models.

12,272 posts
1 minute ago, Red_Hood said:

So MyComicShop and Calmerica are the only 2 entities to charge restocking fees in this era of the entitled consumer.... good luck with those business models.

Sorry, no. One of them two is a non-entity. 

4,879 posts
1 hour ago, JWKyle said:

I probably made the mistake.  I thought I added it to the cart and then recall checking my order history with them as I have ordered supplies in the past.  I like the polyethylene bags which no LCS near me carry they only carry the polypropylene which crinkle over time.  I was ordering a comic and didn't want to just ship that one.  So when I went back to the order, I may have realized I didn't add it to the cart so I picked it added it.  I have been deleting my emails to keep my inbox clean for when I look at new mail on my phone.  I never looked at the order so that was my mistake.

However, to come back to we will take back the item at a 25% restocking fee is absurd.  I have been ordering from MCS for over 10 years now.  I will be closing my account and never using them again. For the record, she did reply back that they will waive the fee only this one time.  I have no record of returns there except for an incomplete Katy Keene that I ordered.  I had no issue with the return once I got past their quite unfriendly customer service rep, Beth at the time.  What a nightmare she was.

4,879 posts
7 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

While I posted this because I was quite appalled that they would even think to charge a restocking fee on such a small ticketed item.  I would have to pay return shipping and then to swipe another 3 bucks that is just insulting.  I just am trying to let other know that there is a restocking fee which I guess makes sense but in this day and age. 

1,323 posts

Well, looks like MCS will go under now. 

Shame, if they could have made that extra $3 they would have stayed a float.