• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

should i grade giant size x-men

13 posts in this topic

Hi There folks , just wondering if it is worth sending my Giant size x-men to be graded.i live in the uk so it will cost a bit more , around $150 incl postage, press etc.

I think i got a good deal a year ago when i paid £400 for it.

Haven't got a clue what grade it might get but depending on your comments it might help me to decide

Most of the defects seem to be around the edges ,particularly the bottom,  front and back cover looks really nice, all pages intact and staples seem  in really good condition.fullsizeoutput_29a.thumb.jpeg.16207b78e61a3b0323f6aacc332ff14d.jpeg

It would help to see the back but at very least I think a 6.5-7.0 is obtainable. Pressing could make it a bit higher. This book is climbing in value so I think grading it now is a good choice both as an investment and to keep it looking good and protected.

Hi

thanks for the comments ,

i am unless at uploading files etc and it would only let me upload 1 picture.I am going to put more thought into it and try again.

apart from bottom of spine there are no other cuts or tears ,pages all intact although 1st page seems to have some  ink transfer from back of front cover.

8Ebb2kHTQdaR0RhUZL%0GA.jpg

3ooGRSkTRr6KaZZERfGECQ.jpg

upxXhE5VS0GJM3RUaOToOw.jpg

+GUNNlalRL2sJyxckKUrWA.jpg

eYrSt2r2SyOhYgJt6wIhdg.jpg

E7SSabiKTo2W0kDK4mM6hQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2a0.jpeg

GuK5pbClSMuDjxXsKd9Obw.jpg

It's a nice book. Kind of a tough one to grade because the eye appeal is strong but it looks like all the front cover corners have some degree of paper loss and roughness. The bottom right corner appears to have a small nibble which affects the pages under it (first & third photos). And is there a bit of moisture ripple along the bottom edge (first photo)? I'd be at more of a 5.5 to 6.0, with or without a press.

19 hours ago, hondajazz said:

Hi There folks , just wondering if it is worth sending my Giant size x-men to be graded.i live in the uk so it will cost a bit more , around $150 incl postage, press etc.

Are you aware that there is now CGC in the UK?

https://www.cgccomics.uk/

thanks everyone , i know little about grading but i tend to agree with the lower grades only because i have looked at some 6 and 7 grades and some of them look better than mine.

it does have nice eye appeal and would probably look good when slabbed so i will send it off and update the post  with the actual grade.

Thanks jeffro for  the cgc uk site  info