Is there any interest in eBay bulk selling tutorial?
4 4

16 posts in this topic

3,612 posts

Just curious if anyone would be interested in viewing an eBay bulk selling tutorial using python.

There isn't much coding involved -- mostly just "fill in the blank" but I've just started selling this way and it's been a life saver.

165 posts

Im interested. The thing that takes up most time for me is the uploading photos.

even if i use urls of hosted images - it takes about the same time. but you can teach me something.

2,976 posts

I’m interested!! :popcorn:

3,612 posts
Posted (edited)

I will put together a video and post on YouTube the process I use to bulk list auctions.

For those who are interested and want to follow along, the only "Pre-Steps" you will need to do are to sign up for an eBay Developer account (absolutely free) and obtain your application keys.

You can do so at this link:

https://developer.ebay.com/tools/quick-start

Don't worry about running any of the sample programs or delving further unless you're interested. I found it to be a big headache.

You will also want to make sure Python is installed with the appropriate package:

https://github.com/timotheus/ebaysdk-python/blob/master/INSTALL

For those of you who run a MAC install will be similar to the LINUX instructions in the link above.

Edited by NamesJay

3,612 posts

I was hoping to get this completed by end of day Monday, but a nasty sinus infection has reduced my productivity the past few days.

I'll try to get this completed by end of day Sunday.

3,612 posts
16 hours ago, moemaya said:

do i need to know coding for this?

Nope!

395 posts

thanks for doing this, very interested!

3,612 posts

Here's the link -- I'm not sure why the video is so blurry -- I'm hoping it is just still taking time to process and will be fine in another hour or so... <crossing fingers>

If you want copies of the actual files, please message me and I will e-mail them to you. I am not going to provide download links on YouTube for downloads, at least not unless I decide to produce a more 'proper' video.

56,537 posts
On 5/30/2019 at 3:12 AM, cigars&comix said:

do i need to know coding for this?

There's a current cultural joke in here, but I ain't touching it with a 10' pole... :whistle:

3,612 posts

Happy to say the video is now clear to watch! :-)

3,612 posts

Would appreciate any constructive feedback if anyone has any. Anything you’d like to see improved? Explained more thoroughly?