• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Unpressed" noted on the CGC Label

81 posts in this topic

Dear CGC, 

Can you note "Unpressed" on the label for books submitted from my collection that were purchased by me off the newsstand and never pressed? If not, can you please explain?*

Thanks,

John

* I've submitted this question to CGC in the Ask CGC section.

Edited by bronze johnny

Hope that you get a response, I know that CGC can not determine whether a book was pressed or not, so that might be a factor....

"IF" they can not determine on their own, they might not take anyone's word on it..... :shy: 

First off wasn't the best idea to spam the boards in three different sections looking for an answer the threads may get pulled. Second this would have probably would have been handled better in e-mail or over the phone.

I will say though it doesn't hurt to request a change the only way something is going to change if they are seeing a demand for a change. 

29 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Dear CGC, 

Can you note "Unpressed" on the label for books submitted from my collection that were purchased by me off the newsstand and never pressed? If not, can you please explain?*

Thanks,

John

* I've submitted this question to CGC in the Ask CGC section. Also posted this in Restoration Forum.

So you're spamming the boards?

Anyway, since there's "nothing wrong" with pressing and it "can't" be detected, why would CGC even briefly consider accommodating this request?

3 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

So you're spamming the boards?

Anyway, since there's "nothing wrong" with pressing and it "can't" be detected, why would CGC even briefly consider accommodating this request?

There you go. Spamming? 

Never said anything was wrong with Pressing. Just want to know about unpressed books. (thumbsu

42 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Dear CGC, 

Can you note "Unpressed" on the label for books submitted from my collection that were purchased by me off the newsstand and never pressed? If not, can you please explain?*

Thanks,

John

* I've submitted this question to CGC in the Ask CGC section.

As the saying goes, this has about as much chance of flying as a lead balloon... :foryou:

11 minutes ago, JWKyle said:

First off wasn't the best idea to spam the boards in three different sections looking for an answer the threads may get pulled. Second this would have probably would have been handled better in e-mail or over the phone.

I will say though it doesn't hurt to request a change the only way something is going to change if they are seeing a demand for a change. 

It's only a question. Not making any comments. In a separate section on restoration because there are great boardies that may not get to CG. Sharing on CG to get opinions on this. No ulterior motive - just a question regarding the label.

5 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

As the saying goes, this has about as much chance of flying as a lead balloon... :foryou:

Nothing wrong with asking a question. This is America:foryou:

52 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Dear CGC, 

Can you note "Unpressed" on the label for books submitted from my collection that were purchased by me off the newsstand and never pressed? If not, can you please explain?*

Thanks,

John

* I've submitted this question to CGC in the Ask CGC section. Also posted this in Restoration Forum.

I can't see them taking anyone's word for unpressed....closest you'd ever get was "Bronze Johnny Said This Was Never Pressed". lol 

Just now, comix4fun said:

I can't see them taking anyone's word for unpressed....closest you'd ever get was "Bronze Johnny Said This Was Never Pressed". lol 

I could demonstrate by opening the books and having them peruse through them for a prescreen🤔

2 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

I could demonstrate by opening the books and having them peruse through them for a prescreen🤔

Do you normally sit with the graders in person, flipping through your books? 

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Do you have any books in your collection that you've purchased directly off the newsstand?

15 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

It's only a question. Not making any comments. In a separate section on restoration because there are great boardies that may not get to CG. Sharing on CG to get opinions on this. No ulterior motive - just a question regarding the label.

I never thought there was anything other then a request for a tweak in a service request. It would also go without being said a 9.2/9.4 book stating it was never pressed would more then likely sale for more then a book in the same grade with the pressing history unknown. You said these where newsstand copies I for one would think you would have a better chance of trying to change the fact CGC doesn't list newsstands on "Most" labels then the pressing history of a book.

10 minutes ago, comix4fun said:
13 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

I do. It's to remind them they'll never see Fifi alive again if I don't get the grades I want...

fifi%2Bdog%2Bcyndi%2Bhatway%2Bpayne.jpg&