• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

I have a VERY large pile of stuff this time. I haven't done one of these for quite a while. I have done a LOT of upgrading as well as buying and digging out stuff from the junk pile. There will be of course a lot of PA/GA/SA comics. In addition be prepared for Magazines, Fanzines, Pulps, PB's. Comic Character Pinbacks and odd stuff in no particular order. Here is a representative posting for what will be coming up this week...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage starts at $5.50 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. Since, I am posting a lot more unusual stuff, final postage will be calculated at invoice time. I always ship the most economical way. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you. And, since I might be doing some of these posts at a time when many of you folks are at work, I'd like to everybody a fair chance...

I prefer checks and money orders as to not run up my PayPal tally too much but will also accept Paypal if you prefer.  

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Out of the Shadows #10 Oct 1953 Standard Pubs

Fantastic black spider cover! One of the best covers in the run I think. Wild, grusome stuff inside.

Bright, clean and glossy. Top staple is neatly popped. Numerous small creases and slight corner wear. Small, very light water stain inside front cover at bottom. Small date stamp on back cover. No tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages.

$150.

outoftheshadows10a.jpg

outoftheshadows10b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

All Famous Polices Cases #7 Star Pubs

Colorful and violent L.B. Cole cover. One of the few Star L. B. Cole books with a Matt Baker story!

Book has a small, weird, neat bug chew through entire book from the "D" in delivery to the right side. Causes the interior pages to appear torn. No art affected but needs to be handled carefully. Neat spine split at top down to the top staple. Lots of small creases and wear. No pieces missing and presents OK. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Supple interior pages.

$45.

allfamouspolice1.jpg

allfamouspolice2.jpg

allfamouspolice3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Harvey Kurtzman's Jungle Book Paperback Book 1959 Ballantine Books

Classic Kurtzman stuff. Done just after he left MAD I believe. A little hard to find.

Nice, complete copy with full paper spine. Has a slight bend to top of book but no tears or creases. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple with no damage.

$20.

pbjunglebook1.jpg

pbjunglebook2.jpg

pbjunglebook3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Speaking of Kurtzman...

Frontline Combat #4 Jan-Fed 1953 EC Pubs

Some of the best stories done for EC were the war books and this one is no exception. Kurtzman cover and story interior stories by Davis, Wood, Severin and Elder. Also contains the classic "Airburst" story which Kurtzman considered his favorite.Comics just don't get much better.

A real nice, bright, clean pretty copy. Very slight spine roll (as manufactured). Tiny tear at bottom of spine. Tiny chip out of bottom right corner. Small date arrival stamp on back cover for those who like them. No tears, creases or pieces missing.  Book and centerfold bound tight to covers.

Was $85.   Now $75.

frontlinecombat4a.jpg

frontlinecombat4b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Stark Terror Magazine #1 Dec 1970 Stanley Publications

Sick cover! Hypo, bondage, heads on hooks and that is just the cover! Interior is reprints of Stanley pre-code horror stories.

Nice, bright, glossy, tight copy. Has some bends and spine stress marks. 1/8" bottom spine split and a tiny piece of magic tape on inside front cover. No creases, tears or pieces missing. Off White/White interior paper.

$25.

starkterror1.jpg

starkterror2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

7 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Not sure what to expect, but this Canadian here hopes to be an exception to your shipping preference :D

No problem shipping to the great white North Dog. It is just expensive as you know. If you are willing to pay what ever it is, I am OK with it. :headbang:

42 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Out of the Shadows #10 Oct 1953 Standard Pubs

Fantastic black spider cover! One of the best covers in the run I think. Wild, grusome stuff inside.

Bright, clean and glossy. Top staple is neatly popped. Numerous small creases and slight corner wear. Small, very light water stain inside front cover at bottom. Small date stamp on back cover. No tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages.

$150.

outoftheshadows10a.jpg

outoftheshadows10b.jpg

Take

Here's a weird one...

Miss America #35 Sept 1950 Marvel Pubs

What a cover! Girl trying to kiss a guy with a catcher's mask on. All comics 52 page issue. Patsy Walker teenage/cheese cake stuff.

Got some spine creases top to bottom/ Lower right corner crease. Couple tiny spine tears. Clean copy with white pages.

Was $30.   Now $25.

missamerica1.jpg

missamerica2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Famous Fantastic Mysteries Pulp Dec 1947 Better Pubs

Awsome Virgil Finlay cover! Very nice interior illustrations as well.

Real nice pulp! Bright, glossy and tight with square, full paper spine. Usual small edge overhang tears as usual with these. Exceptional off white interior paper. Just check out that white back cover! These are so fun and bargains!

$25.

pulpfantastica1dec1.jpg

pulpfantastica1dec2.jpg

pulpfantastica1dec3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

39 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Harvey Kurtzman's Jungle Book Paperback Book 1959 Ballantine Books

Classic Kurtzman stuff. Done just after he left MAD I believe. A little hard to find.

Nice, complete copy with full paper spine. Has a slight bend to top of book but no tears or creases. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple with no damage.

$20.

pbjunglebook1.jpg

pbjunglebook2.jpg

pbjunglebook3.jpg

:takeit:

Super Comics #25 June 1940 Whitman Pubs

Big fat, heavy 68 page 1940 comic with the Super hero Magic Morrow. Lots of other cool features as well including D Tracy, Orphan Annie and others.

Got a pretty good spine roll.Numerous small edge and spine tears. Small tear through whole book at spine middle staple. Worn, but a solid copy with very nice pages. Everything well attached.

Was $40. (for a superhero book from 1940!)  Even cheaper at $35!

super25a.jpg

super25b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man