• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!!! JUNK SALE! Huge sale with Tons of Comics and Weird Stuff
5 5

264 posts in this topic

Amazing Ghost Stories #15 Dec 1954 St. John Pubs

Beautiful Matt Baker horror cover! These Baker horror books have been on fire lately...

A bit of a tragedy here... This copy has 32 pages. Should have 36. Looks like an interior wrap not the centerfold. One story is missing the last 3 panels. That being said, the cover is very nice. Clean, bright and complete with no pieces missing. Slight spine roll as printed. No tears or creases. Nice interior pages. Need a centerfold? Want a beautiful Baker classic cover? As they say... "looks great in a mylar"

Was $125.   Then $110.   Now $100. For a classic Baker horror cover?

amazingghost1.jpg

amazingghost2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

A pair of Superman related magazines

Time from March 1988 Superman turns 50. Nice illustrated history and great cover illustration

Newstime May 1993 (DC take on Time and Newsweek) Reporting the Death of Superman and his funeral along with other DC superhero features. Article on who was Doomsday. Unusual!

Both very nice shape and unusual. Great for the Superman folks out there.

Was $10.   Then $8  for the pair   Now FREE To the Next Purchase and claim it!

superman.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Steve Geppi Magazines!

One of the true American success stories in comics. This man has created an empire from his humble beginnings as a mailman and comic collector. I've met him. A real nice guy with a love of the hobby in spite of his success and was very friendly to me. You get the following two magazines

Inside Collector July-Aug 1991 with a great cover. Article on his "origin" and photos of his incredible collection. Conversation and lots of photos including many early photos.

Inside Collector July-Aug 1993 Nice Geppi cover and article of the "Comic Collectibles Boom"

These are lavish full color magazines on nice paper. Heavy and full of other popular culture collectible articles as well.

Beautiful near mint condition. Read by me once or twice and put away. Very fun reads!

$15. for the pair postage will be more than comic books...

geppi.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Leave it to Binky #24 Jan-Fed 1952 DC Pubs

Great cover on this cool teenage girly art book. These are tough to find runs of...

A real nice, clean, complete copy. Very small tear in edge of cover by pop corn bag. Back cover has a small tear at bottom. Very slight spine wear but overall, smooth and tight. No creases or pieces missing. Nice interior pages. Bright copy!

Was $35.  Now $30.

binky1.jpg

binky2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Kid Colt Outlaw #6 July 1949 Marvel Comics

Scarce Horror issue with cool werewolf cover!

This book has a neat tear in center from about the middle to the right edge. A small piece out of bottom cover. A little staple tearing. A real light stain in lower left corner. A couple small tears in back cover. That being said, bright and nothing missing to mar this great cover. Yellowed, supple interior pages.  Sorry for the shadowy photos. It was taken out doors at the end of the day...

Another one, I don't mind keeping...

Was $50.   Now $45.

kidcolt6a.jpg

kidcolt6b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Ace Comics #100 July 1945 David McKay Pubs

Great 4th of July firecracker cover! And a 100th issue. Not many GA books had made it to 100 issues by 1945. Nice features too. Jungle Jim by Alex Raymond, The Phantom by Lee Falk and Prince Valliant by Harold Foster. They just knew how to draw those days...

It's not all about "men in tights" kids!

Tiny split at top of spine. A couple light corner creases. Light spine wear. Just minor wear. Tight, well bound copy with nice pages.

$35. Cheap for a 1945 comic with art like this...

ace100a.jpg

ace100b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Abbott & Costello #10 Aug 1950 St. John (tall issue)

Nice GGA cover with GGA inside. Has an all new Son of Sinbad story (different from the one shot) by Joe Kubert with great GGA.

A nice, clean tight copy. Has a slightly rolled spine which looks like occured during the printing process. A couple very small edge tears hardly worth mentioning. No pieces missing or creases. Tightly bound copy. Slightly yellowed interior pages. Just minor wear. Because it is a taller issue, these are usually found with bending at the top. This one has none.

This will go back in the box if it doesn't sell...

$60.

abbottcostello1.jpg

abbottcostello2.jpg

abbottcostello3.jpg

Take.:takeit:

Edited by thecollectron

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

OK, got another pile of goodies for you this morning...

GI Joe #35 Sept 1954 Ziff Davis

One of the current hottest war covers. Awsome Saunders painted bondage cover! Also has Dan Decarlo art inside as an added bonus.

A real rough filler copy. Cover is split and detached from book. Numerous tears and some minor old tape repairs. Couple of small pieces out of back cover. Cover presents pretty well in a mylar. Interior paper is off white. Grab a filler until you can afford to upgrade as I have just done.

$100.

gijoe35a.jpg

gijoe35b.jpg

I will take this one RM!! I’m a nurse that drives a Wrangler who loves War covers and low grade well presenting books!! No brainer!!

OK, kinda slow today. You schmoos must be working... or I'm not giving anything away too cheap today:roflmao:

I will try to be back with another pile late this afternoon Pacific time if I feel inspired. I still have a TON of stuff to post...

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

geppi.jpg

This was a great magazine - well produced and chock full as you said not just with pop culture but great advertising like whiskey signs and tobacco tins. I have 'em both, or I'd be all over these. I just looked at the one on the left not more than a week ago: just LOOK at that fivesome he's holding! Throw in the old skool fave Single Series Tarzan and an extra Detective 27 to boot, and you have a drool-worthy cover (except I might paste my face over his!).  :cloud9:

Edited by PopKulture

5 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

This was a great magazine - well produced and chock full as you said not just with pop culture but great advertising like whiskey signs and tobacco tins. I have 'em both, or I'd be all over these. I just looked at the one of the left not more than a week ago: just LOOK at that fivesome he's holding! Throw in the old skool fave Single Series Tarzan and an extra Detective 27 to boot, and you have a drool-worthy cover (except I might paste my face over his!).  :cloud9:

I'm sure you're more "purty" than 'ole Steve :roflmao:

9 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I will take this one RM!! I’m a nurse that drives a Wrangler who loves War covers and low grade well presenting books!! No brainer!!

This GI Joe #35 that looks like it has been in a war goes to Gino. I'm sure you don't look anywhere near as good in a torn nurse uniform...:devil:  Thanks buddy!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Ace Comics #100 July 1945 David McKay Pubs

Great 4th of July firecracker cover! And a 100th issue. Not many GA books had made it to 100 issues by 1945. Nice features too. Jungle Jim by Alex Raymond, The Phantom by Lee Falk and Prince Valliant by Harold Foster. They just knew how to draw those days...

It's not all about "men in tights" kids!

Tiny split at top of spine. A couple light corner creases. Light spine wear. Just minor wear. Tight, well bound copy with nice pages.

$35. Cheap for a 1945 comic with art like this...

ace100a.jpg

ace100b.jpg

Take

All right, how about a little afternoon session?

Marvel Tales #130 Jan 1955 Atlas Pubs

Absolute classic Russ Heath "Big Hand" cover. Nuclear bomb story. I've had this for some time just waiting to upgrade. Finally, bit the bullet and got a nice one

A very presentable low grade copy with real nice color. Full cover with no pieces missing, bright and clean. Cover is taped on inside with two small pieces of tape. Spine is ragged. Lots of dents, wrinkles and small creases but not much in the way of severe color breaks. Small fade in lower right corner. Lots of tiny edge tears. Nice off white interior pages with no damage. A decent looking reader or hole filler until you can "man up" like I did.

Was $125.   Then $100!   Now $90 for a CLASSIC PCH cover!

marveltales130a.jpg

marveltales130b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Blazing Comics #6 April 1945 Rural Home Publishing

Wild Indian WWII cover! Unusual book...

A beat, water logged copy. Has a small chunk gone from lower right corner. Paper loss at top in title logo. Has two new staples because old ones are rusty.  Inside cover and first page is dirty. Complete and readable. White interior pages.

Was $25.   Now $20.

blazing6a.jpg

blazing6b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Early 1950's Superman Muscle Building Club Pinback

Came in the boxed Muscle Building kit. Outstanding Wayne Boring Superman image. In my opinion, the best looking Superman pin.

1-3/8" round, tin, with brilliant color. Has some small scratches and rust spots on edges but nothing to mar the beautiful image. Comes with original pin so you can actually wear it to that next con or comic meet up and amaze your friends!

Was $45.   Now $40.  + $2.50 postage

supermanpin.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Superboy #57 June 1957 DC Pubs

Outstanding Superboy baseball cover!

Book is a little yellowed around perimeter. Has a light stamped arrival date for those who like them at top of front cover. Light waterstain in upper right corner. Tiny chip out and crease in bottom right corner. Neat 1" lower spine split. Light toning but paper is very flexible. Book and centerfold well attached to cover. Interior pages are yellowed but supple.

Was $35.   Then $30.   Now $25. Come on Batter up!

superboy57a.jpg

superboy57b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Commander Battle and the Atomic Sub #3 Nov-Dec 1954 ACG Pubs

Classic Atom Age cover "It's an H-Bomb from the Moon!". H-Bomb explosion story with a great panel inside. Prime '50's R"Red Scare" material!

A bright, complete copy with no pieces missing to mar this classic cover. A little chippy at top. Small scrape on upper right side of cover edge. Cover is mostly, neatly split. Attached by about 3" in center. Not detached. No major creases. Slightly yellowed interior pages. Grab a nice presenting classic cover cheap!

$40.

commanderbattle1.jpg

commanderbattle2.jpg

commanderbattle3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man