• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] RE-OPENED! Incomplete Treats: Avengers #4 for $375, Pep #71 for $50
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Offered tonight are four cool books, all heartbreakingly incomplete, so they are the first to go in the beginning phase of a herd cull. 

:rulez:

First :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to thread. (If you have a raw, VG range Yellow Claw #4, I will consider trades or cash/trade deals)

Payment is Money order or check; I do not have Paypal.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

U.S. shipping is included in book price; Canada ships at actual.

Returns: No return on slabs; raw books notify me within three days of receipt and get it back on your own dime. However, in this instance, as all the books are stated incomplete, I might look at ya kinda funny if we ever meet in person.

Edited by Readcomix

8 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Hang on, I'm eating pistachios....

I've moved on from drinking IPA to Wild Turkey. 

Alabama/Oklahoma softball game still on...., 

May have to go to youtube and listen to some Samantha Fish afterwards.

Avengers #4 .5 Qualified -- Recently got this in a trade. Many of you have seen me post elsewhere that this (along with Flash 123) is perhaps the last book I'd sell, as they pull the golden age into the silver age and give birth to the continuity that gave us run-collecting as a hobby in the first place. It's only going because it's my third and lowest-grade copy; I'm just such a sucker for it that I couldn't not get it worked into the trade. 

I was a bit baffled on this grade (Was not sure why a .5 needs Qualification), so I called and asked and was told the .5 would be due to the cover being completely spilt and detached, with staining, etc. The Qualified comes in because of the missing ad page in the back of the book (does not affect story). That said, a .5 blue incomplete (page missing) recently sold on eBay from a $500 OBO listing, and a raw page-missing and cover-split copy recently sold in eBay on an MCS listing for $465, so I am using those as reference points for pricing this odd-duck grade. 

(WAS $450) NOW $375 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
More pix

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've moved on from drinking IPA to Wild Turkey. 

Alabama/Oklahoma softball game still on...., 

May have to go to youtube and listen to some Samantha Fish afterwards.

:banana: it's gonna be a good night over there! Hiya Mike! 

Yeah.  Game over.  Samantha Fish up.  Prolly be another late night. :eyeroll:  And a hurtin' tomorrow.  :cloud9:

:news: AWARDED AS FREEBIE!

Joe Palooka #23 -- CF missing, so again with the .5/Poor grade for the incomplete book.

To the extent this run has keys, there's this GGA bathing beauties cover and story (and my fave, #66, the bondage/torture cover where the Commies are going at Humphrey with a red hot branding iron. :luhv: But I digress....)

Grab this slice of cheesecake for (WAS $15) NOW $12 shipped in U.S. if it's all you want; or call it A FREEBIE with any other purchase in this thread.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Pep #71 -- guess what, Poor because it's incomplete! Missing the last page; cover detached at top staple and hanging on at the bottom. But the cover image presents well, and this may be second only to Archie #50 among Betty-centric covers, and a whole lot scarcer. Only two on census and they don't come up much. A raw copy went a couple nights ago on eBay for $185.50, with spine roll and detached cover. Let's be under half of that: (WAS $75) NOW $50 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD!

Wilbur #5, the first appearance of Katy Keene -- in...wait for it.... .5 incomplete! 

The missing page in this one, however, is an ad on one side and the first page of the Katy Keene story on the other, so it is a significant page. On the bright side, the final story, Train Trouble, is complete. This is a story from Archie #1 with Archie replaced by Wilbur. Cover presents well; seemingly needless small pieces of tape cover the staples. Tough book for comps; going with less than half of the 2018 sale prices for GVG copies on Heritage.

(WAS $200) NOW $125 shipped within U.S.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news:

All prices cut!

Avengers #4 now $425 shipped in U.S.

Wilbur #5 now $175 shipped within U.S.

Pep #71 now $60 shipped within U.S.

Joe Palooka #23 now $12 shipped within U.S. OR FREE with any other purchase in this thread.

PM's still welcome too!

Don't be shy, new homes sought!

:bump: With another cut!!'

Avengers #4 is now $375 shipped within U.S.

Wilbur #5 is now $125 shipped within U.S.

Pep #71 was a steal at the original price, let along the $50 that I have already marked it down to.

Joe Palooka #23 is free with the purchase of any of the other three.