• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Electron said:

My lone win. I'm thrilled to add this to my collection! In fact, my enthusiasm had me re-reading the first 50 pages of the post your Adventure/New Adevnture thread this morning. lol

lf.jpeg

congrats Russ. I guess the Marvel 1 was out of reach? (:

2 minutes ago, szav said:

Highest grade Brittle I've seen is 4.0

SB is 7.0 https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=607251

Light Tan is 8.5

cr/ow is 9.6

I can't find it, but I do recall a thread or post that sorted grade and page quality from highest to lowest - probably several years ago.  Page quality is "included" in the grade just like a tear or color break etc.,

19 minutes ago, path4play said:

I can't find it, but I do recall a thread or post that sorted grade and page quality from highest to lowest - probably several years ago.  Page quality is "included" in the grade just like a tear or color break etc.,

I'm sure it is too, I've looked a ton of books and what I posted above isn't official,  I'm confident that they cap grades for PQ as stated (meaning it does count in the grade). 

A boardie once said that SB usually indicates that the cover is separating from the spine.  I do have this personal copy that looks like an 8.0/8.5 to me but was given a 5.0 which I can only assume was due to the PQ.  The graders notes indicated "moderate multiple split, interior spine" which I assume accounts for the SB and may have been caused by a bad press...but it came at a really nice discount, so I can live with it.

PhantomLady17cgc5sb.jpg

Edited by szav

17 minutes ago, szav said:

I'm sure it is too, I've looked a ton of books and what I posted above isn't official,  I'm confident that they cap grades for PQ as stated (meaning it does count in the grade). 

A boardie once said that SB usually indicates that the cover is separating from the spine.  I do have this personal copy that looks like an 8.0/8.5 to me but was given a 5.0 which I can only assume was due to the PQ.  The graders notes indicated "moderate multiple split, interior spine" which I assume accounts for the SB and may have been caused by a bad press...but it came at a really nice discount, so I can live with it.

PhantomLady17cgc5sb.jpg

It's possible I'm completely wrong, but I had never heard that prior.  If they do it would be interesting to learn how much? Does this also impact OW, Cream, etc.? Or just brittle and slightly brittle? I suspect whatever it is it's changed over the years.

45 minutes ago, Electron said:

My lone win. I'm thrilled to add this to my collection! In fact, my enthusiasm had me re-reading the first 50 pages of the post your Adventure/New Adevnture thread this morning. lol

lf.jpeg

Congrats on this beautiful pickup as I was in there, but obviously not willing to match the bid which you was willing to go up to.  (thumbsu

An extremely HTF book that very seldom ever comes to market in this type of condition.  Also an absolutely beautiful cover image used on the Double Action book which was featured as the frontispiece illustration for Volume 2 of the Gerber PhotoJournal, similar to how the cover of Suspense 3 was used for Volume 1.  :cloud9:

Definitely saying a lot for this classic cover artwork by Flessel.  :takeit:

1 hour ago, Electron said:

lf.jpeg

Great book and one that is extremely hard to find, especially in mid-grade or better, congrats.  :applause: The jungle themed pre-hero DCs seem to be in very high demand lately. 

Edited by RareHighGrade

25 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:
1 hour ago, Electron said:

lf.jpeg

Great book and one that is extremely hard to find, especially in mid-grade or better, congrats.  :applause: The jungle themed pre-hero DCs seem to be in very high demand lately. 

Well, I am glad that I didn't win this turd of a book in the end then.  :facepalm:  lol

Hey Electron:  If you brought this book based upon HA's incorrect auction lot descripton write-up attributing the cover artwork to Flessel instead of reading the CGC label, I will consider taking this book off your hands for half the price just to help you out here.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, Electron said:

lf.jpeg

:hi:

Your direct underbidder here.

You beat me into submission! But I’m glad to know the book went to a first-class boardie. Congrats!!

17 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

:hi:

Your direct underbidder here.

You beat me into submission! But I’m glad to know the book went to a first-class boardie. Congrats!!

Sorry about that...I've been looking for a nice copy for years. Thanks for the kind words, I'll put you at the top of the list if I ever decide to sell. Though admittedly that might be a really long wait...lol

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Thanks RHG. Means a lot coming from a collector like you. I've been admiring many of your New/New Adv/Adventures today as I re-read that thread you started years ago. And kudos to you for keeping your scans active on it. So much fun to see all those books again! 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I am glad that I didn't win this turd of a book in the end then.  :facepalm:  lol

Hey Electron:  If you brought this book based upon HA's incorrect auction lot descripton write-up attributing the cover artwork to Flessel instead of reading the CGC label, I will consider taking this book off your hands for half the price just to help you out here.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

Sorry Lou,  I never even read the Heritage description! 

23 minutes ago, Electron said:

Sorry about that...I've been looking for a nice copy for years. Thanks for the kind words, I'll put you at the top of the list if I ever decide to sell. Though admittedly that might be a really long wait...lol

No prob, Russ. Thanks for putting me at the top of the list! In the meantime, I'm happy to accept your Tec 31 until the Adventure 37 becomes newly available. (:

35 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

No prob, Russ. Thanks for putting me at the top of the list! In the meantime, I'm happy to accept your Tec 31 until the Adventure 37 becomes newly available. (:

Yeah..that's going to be an even longer wait. lol Honestly, probably one of the very last books I'll ever sell. I'm like a kid at Christmas every time I take it out of the mylar.