• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed - 10% off anything over $50! Gold and Silver - Good Girl (Baker included), Atlas Westerns, Archies, Katy Keene, Pre-Code Crime, and a couple of ECs!
4 4

45 posts in this topic

Ok, I have been spending way too much money on bound bits of paper with pictures and words on them, and I need the unbound bits of paper with pictures and numbers on them. So, I offer here a few of the former for trade for more of the latter.

The rules - no Problem people, HOS or Probies.

First unconditional :takeit: on the thread wins, trumps all DM negotiated prices and conditional takes. I definitely consider offers and bundle deals.

Shipping is $5 CONUS for up to 4 books, if you buy more we'll discuss our options. Canada at cost and ask before bidding from across any ponds.

No returns unless I missed a missing piece, damage during shipping, or something major. Check out scans, ask questions, and buy with confidence!

This will last all weekend, maybe until Monday night or until everything is sold (ha!). I may not be around all weekend so if you send a DM and I don't answer its not because I don't like you but rather I am away from my computer/interwebs for extended times during the weekend and I just didn't see it. 

Thanks!

Edited by Qua-Brot

Lets start with something nice.

Action Comics 135. Really nice copy, some slight storage bends that would press out beautifully, slight spine roll (which would benefit from that pressing) with a slight amount of dirt or foxing, I can't tell. Color breaking crease along bottom right corner area. Otherwise tight book with supple pages, smooth cover and sharp edges. I'd say at least a 5.5. Asking $300

CGC086.jpg

CGC087.jpg

Strange Adventures 4, another really nice copy with a few flaws - clean 3/4" spine split at bottom of spine, and a 1" clean break again in the middle of the spine. Tearing by top staple. Slight shadow along right edge. Presents really nicely, but I think technically the grade is around 4.5. Sadly I am only asking $125.

CGC088.jpg

CGC089.jpg

Ok, I said there was going to be some Baker, so here is one of them. 

Teen-Age Romances 6, 3.5 or so. General wear, small round water stain (like a glass bottom stain, but smaller - so maybe a perfume bottle?). This is one of the few issues that doesn't have a Baker cover BUT 3 glorious Baker stories inside! And Lingerie panels (by Baker)! No GPA data, no recent sales on eBay, but one for sale in worse condition for $198. I'm going to be generous and ask a paltry $140.

CGC064.jpg

CGC065.jpg

Tim Tyler Cowboy 11 - this is one of those under the radar books, and someone mentioned somewhere that this is a Schomberg cover. I only saw that claim once, and haven't seen any data to back it up on the usual research sites, but the damsel in distress certainly looks like a Schomberg babe, so maybe? Either way, its a really nice Headlight cover! Really needs a press to get rid of all the non-color breaking stressing on the cover and back, otherwise a nice book that I'd say is in the 4.5-5.0 or better range, especially after a press. Asking $80. SOLD!!!

CGC060.jpg

CGC061.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot

2 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

Tim Tyler Cowboy 11 - this is one of those under the radar books, and someone mentioned somewhere that this is a Schomberg cover. I only saw that claim once, and haven't seen any data to back it up on the usual research sites, but the damsel in distress certainly looks like a Schomberg babe, so maybe? Either way, its a really nice Headlight cover! Really needs a press to get rid of all the non-color breaking stressing on the cover and back, otherwise a nice book that I'd say is in the 4.5-5.0 or better range, especially after a press. Asking $80.

CGC060.jpg

CGC061.jpg

I’ll Take It 

6 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

CGC065.jpg

Love that coed-corduroy friction!  :D

Your sister gives me blisters...., :cloud9:

Continuing with the GGA theme, next is . . . 

Super Magician V3#10, 1945. This is a nicely presenting book with a centerfold issue - that being the book is a single staple war book and at some point (early on in this comics life) the centerfold ripped at the staple (horizontally) and so it was still attached but the edges were proud of the book - so those proud edges got a bit raggedy. Otherwise the book itself is a nice 6.0 or better, but that $&@% centerfold brings it down. Asking $40.

CGC068.jpg

CGC069.jpg

Bruce Gentry 4 cover is one of the few that isn't a full Headlights, but this one has a little bit, and some bare shoulder, and a mean old cat attacking a helpless lass. Interior has "Kamenish art" according to OSPG, which means its GGA. Nicely done, I might add. Cover is smooth and glossy, slight spine roll and some tics on spine, about 1/2" split at bottom. Tight book. Asking $65.

CGC066.jpg

CGC067.jpg

6 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:
11 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Love that coed-corduroy friction!  :D

Your sister gives me blisters...., :cloud9:

You're supposed to take that off before you engage in friction activities - unless you're into that kind of thing . . . 

Are you hitting on me? :shy:

Here's the other Baker!

Approved Comics 12, aka Northwest Mounties. Beautiful Baker cover (and 2 pages of interior art)! I should keep this one . . . chunk out of bottom right corner, creasing there as well and up the right edge. Spine is nice with some stressing and creasing. Cover is bright and glossy. Interior supple white pages and tight. GPA shows a 4.0 sold in January for $180, and a 4.5 sold in April for $300 - I'm going to go with the latest data and ask $300.

CGC070.jpg

CGC071.jpg

We'll segue into Archies - since the GA Archies are good GGA as well . . . 

PEP Comics 81, bright glossy cover, storage spine roll which has resulted in back cover top edge wear/chipping. Right edge has slight chipping. Interior has supple off-white pages. Suzie, Katy and the gang. Asking $65.

CGC090.jpg

CGC091.jpg

Archie's Madhouse Annual 3 - reprints first appearance of Sabrina the Teenage witch! Lower mid-grade copy - spine roll, splitting at top and bottom of spine (common for these square bound archies), with glossy cover and supple off white pages. Asking $9

CGC092.jpg

CGC093.jpg

Jughead as Captain Hero 1 - nice higher grade copy, about a 7.5. Glossy cover, nice spine and edges. Only real issue is a small color breaking crease at right bottom corner (barely able to see it). A 9.0 sold recently for $100, so I think $30 is reasonable?

CGC094.jpg

CGC095.jpg

All Star Western 10, first Jonah Hex. Lower grade because of the chunk out of the top right corner, and that piece of masking tape stuck to the cover. The tape can be taken off, but I aint gonna try it! Sold as is. Interior is nice with white pages, centerfold detached at top staple but otherwise secure. Asking $70.

CGC076.jpg

CGC077.jpg

One last one for tonight and I'll try to get more listed tomorrow - and its a nice one for Atlas fans.

Wyatt Earp 1, very high grade. Looks to be about 9.0, has a tiny (1/8th of an inch) spine split or abrasion at the bottom of the spine, and tanning along bottom of the comic (inside cover and on back is where its evident) so that all brings it down, but I'd still say its an 8.0 (I may be wrong, but its real pretty). A 5.5 sold recently for $225. I think that justifies my ask of $500. 

CGC074.jpg

CGC075.jpg