PGM X-men #50 GRADE IS IN!!!(detached staples partly)
2 2

50 posts in this topic

12,620 posts
15 minutes ago, MARK ARNEY said:

thats a  7.0 all day

 

that was my thinking too but with the staple detached i didn't know...

the condition of "the book" is 7.0 but with the staple idk

@Point Five what bends or creases? there aren't any but maybe on the top and bottom right front of cover....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,554 posts

The corner chips alone would knock this out of 7.0 pretty briskly. There is creasing in the lower right corner of the front cover. (shrug)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,620 posts
3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Is it a pence copy?

nyet :sorry: but you got plenty of notifications concerning those too! :headbang: we ALL have to share @Get Marwood & I He's awesome! :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,500 posts
Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

nyet :sorry: but you got plenty of notifications concerning those too! :headbang: we ALL have to share @Get Marwood & I He's awesome! :x

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the reply John Morlar gave earlier.

Spoiler

 

morlar.thumb.png.10a32ccef3f47d66c92eaf81e9a9d847.png

                                       "They're cretins"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,451 posts

Going to go with a 3.5 to 4.0

Jaws took a bite out of that corner and with the staple issue, honestly it would be a 5.5 without the staple  issue alone, without the bite mark, would be around the 7.0 mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640 posts

I think you're in the VG range here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,620 posts
2 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Going to go with a 3.5 to 4.0

Jaws took a bite out of that corner and with the staple issue, honestly it would be a 5.5 without the staple  issue alone, without the bite mark, would be around the 7.0 mark

That's whatnot thought on the 1st page lol

I didn't think qualified affects the grade any further...?

Like 5.0 qualified but 3.5 blue label...?

Lions den?

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I think you're in the VG range here...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640 posts
4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's whatnot thought on the 1st page lol

I didn't think qualified affects the grade any further...?

Like 5.0 qualified but 3.5 blue label...?

Lions den?

 

Yes, I was giving a VG grade with the blue label in mind...but you're right, the Qualified grade wouldn't be much higher, IMO...  :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,620 posts
6 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Yes, I was giving a VG grade with the blue label in mind...but you're right, the Qualified grade wouldn't be much higher, IMO...  :foryou:

Since I bought it in 2018 for $15

Sent it in with only 2 others value tier...

All together it cost me $51 total including slabbing, I was thinking a 5.5 qualified would be better and easier to sell than a raw with popped staples to someone who doesn't know how to grade that....

I was thinking the rate of return is higher for the slab rather than raw.... lol

If I sold it for $100 free shipping with recent sales of 6.0's at $130+

Idk, it is due back mid to late March, or I think it will and have been told it will so :tink: I'll update when I can

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Including slabbing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,620 posts
On 2/20/2020 at 6:55 PM, The Lions Den said:

I wish you the best of luck!  (thumbsu

@Point Five

 Hey check this out, my value sub is all universal!!!! maybe I did ask for a universal label, or the top staple WAS holding on; Universal......

Spoiler
Status: Scheduled for Grading
Received: 1/15/20
Line Item
 
Comic Description
 
Category
 
Grader Notes
 
Grade
 
Comments
 
001
X-Men 50 11/68 Marvel Comics
Universal
 
 
 
002
Fear 19 12/73 Marvel Comics
Universal
 
 
 
003
Amazing Spider-Man 59 4/68 Marvel Comics
Universal
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640 posts
8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Point Five

 Hey check this out, my value sub is all universal!!!! maybe I did ask for a universal label, or the top staple WAS holding on; Universal......

  Hide contents
Status: Scheduled for Grading
Received: 1/15/20
Line Item
 
Comic Description
 
Category
 
Grader Notes
 
Grade
 
Comments
 
001
X-Men 50 11/68 Marvel Comics
Universal
 
 
 
002
Fear 19 12/73 Marvel Comics
Universal
 
 
 
003
Amazing Spider-Man 59 4/68 Marvel Comics
Universal
 

 

Please bear in mind that the receiving team usually enters vintage books into the system as Universal. Once the books go through the grading room, they should be adjusted accordingly. That's not to say they won't still be Universal after they're graded...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,620 posts
1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

Please bear in mind that the receiving team usually enters vintage books into the system as Universal. Once the books go through the grading room, they should be adjusted accordingly. That's not to say they won't still be Universal after they're graded...

Oh I didn't know that, it's good to ask questions then :)

I didn't remember if I wrote on the invoice to request a blue label to include the defect.. that's why I bumped the thread... 

even then I'm not too sure when I'll find out, possibly not until in hand? Or would it be in the graders notes? Possibly if it's universal and graded, next to the grade online, it'll have the label notation? Like it would a $3.99 newsstand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640 posts
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh I didn't know that, it's good to ask questions then :)

I didn't remember if I wrote on the invoice to request a blue label to include the defect.. that's why I bumped the thread... 

even then I'm not too sure when I'll find out, possibly not until in hand? Or would it be in the graders notes? Possibly if it's universal and graded, next to the grade online, it'll have the label notation? Like it would a $3.99 newsstand?

After it's graded, you should be able to see if the book has been changed to Qualified or not. You should also be able to see the numerical grade and the grading notes should highlight the defects... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,620 posts

really I'm just happy to see some kind of movement on my books

REC 1/15

SFG 2/18

..... Current TAT 50 bus days, mine are at 38 bus days...

For value slow track, that's lightning speed :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2