• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scuff marks on old cgc slabs
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I've seen these marks on old slabs but frustratingly can never tell if they're on the inside of the slab or on the book??? They've been on both front & back. I sold the ones I had with scuffs and never had one reslabbed so I wouldn't know the answer.

I just got a book in an old slab today with these marks so I'm trying to figure out what's the deal here. Anyone know where the these unsightly scuffs come from? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Edited by MGsimba77

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

I've seen these marks on old slabs but frustratingly can never tell if they're on the inside of the slab or on the book??? They've been on both front & back. I sold the ones I had with scuffs and never had one reslabbed so I wouldn't know the answer.

I just got a book in an old slab in today with these marks so I'm trying to figure out what's the deal here. Anyone know where the these unsightly scuffs come from? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

the new cases seem to have more of an enclave in the middle that older cases didn't, makes scuffs more apparant, and idk but would assume the just come from being in contact with more of the surface :wishluck: