• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OPEN APOLOGY
2 2

143 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Your "transgressions" are mediocre... so no worries. 

Seriously... stick around for Fridays... that's when the traditional fun starts. 

I should drag up some old kav threads-

That'll make him feel better

13 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I kill, kill, kill.:devil:

Yeah?  You want to give me some advice as to what to look for in an exterminator?  When I discovered that the guy my grandmother had hired was taking advantage of her, I readily dismissed their services.  Every spring, I have a few visitors creeping and crawling that I would like to permanently get rid of.   I get those teeny, tiny, itty, bitty, sweet ants every now and then.   It drives me nuts. 

Edited by Buzzetta

14 minutes ago, kav said:

I should drag up some old kav threads-

That'll make him feel better

No.

Just no. 

Link to argument threads that have been locked.  Those are always fun for reading. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah?  You want to give me some advice as to what to look for in an exterminator?  When I discovered that the guy my grandmother had hired was taking advantage of her, I readily dismissed their services.  Every spring, I have a few visitors creeping and crawling that I would like to permanently get rid of.   I get those teeny, tiny, itty, bitty, sweet ants every now and then.   It drives me nuts. 

Those are called rover ants, best way to treat them is with a liquid bait.

No charge for friends. :foryou:

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Boric acid.  That blows away all liquid baits.

Just now, oakman29 said:

Yeah that's good stuff too, but gotta be careful not to breath it.

I put that stuff under sinks and behind fridge and stove and hasta la vista baby.

11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Frankly I think you missed your calling kav. (thumbsu

KILL-KILL-KILL

You can powder your carpet with it then vacuum and hasta la vista fleas.

47 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Thanks.... Been using that... I just get annoyed when I wake up and find them in the bathtub from time to time in the early summer / late spring. 

Could be worse... I was in Florida around this time last year for two weeks... They get these giant roaches that come up from the drains and run around homes looking for anything that strikes their interest.  I found out that Floridians are so used to them that they call them Palmetto Bugs instead of what they are... roaches... Maybe that is to make them feel better that they walk amongst giant roaches. 

Edited by Buzzetta

43 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah that's good stuff too, but gotta be careful not to breath it.

Unfortunately out of necessity at the rate I have been paying attention to warning labels I should have cancer within a week or two from now. 

Many interior sprays and sealants and chemicals that I have to use as I make some repairs and improvements have strict messages as to not used in confined spaces or places with poor ventilation as it has been known to contribute to cancer. Problem is that the place I need to use that substance is in a poorly ventilated area in a confined space lol

My favorite warning label was on a can of paint stripper that said, "Has been known to cause cancer in the state of California."  I thought to myself, "I'm in New York so I should be fine." lol 

4 hours ago, EC Phanatic said:

I have been a jerk and posted some inappropriate posts...I just want to say I am sorry. I am dealing with a lot now. I am struggling with alcohol....depression...bi polar...borderline..OCD....anxiety and social anxiety...I am so sorry for being an ,.,,,i KNOW there is no excuse for it, bUT I am trying to be a better person. To all those I offended, I AM SO SORRY.

Fluctuating mood can affect your filter on what’s appropriate and how much restraint you have.

I quite frequently post something and then, when my mood changes, look at it again soon after (I’m rapid cycling) and believe that it’s trite or unnecessarily vitriolic and then remove the post by hiding it.  That’s also a bit perfectionist and OCD.

So, understandable that someone else might have a much longer period of making posts that, once in a different mood, they might then consider to be over-the-top and inappropriate, regret and want to apologise for.

Edited by Ken Aldred