• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Sigs on major keys

14 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has already been asked.

As long as the placement isn't horrendous, how do you feel about Stan's signature on the cover of major SA keys, like Hulk 1, AF15, JIM 83, etc?

Does your opinion vary if it's a high grade book vs. a lower grade copy? 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. 

Edited by MatterEaterLad
Typo correction

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Not a sigs on books fan in general, so I don't like it.

Thanks for the reply. I never mind sigs on lower grade books, even major keys, but whenever I see a 9.2+ signed by Stan I sort of cringe. But, hey, to each their own. 

It seems to me that it would be more appropriate and acceptable to have the writer and the artist sign a book. So anything that Stan actually wrote would be nice to get signed. But I guess that day has passed. The few cons I went to in NY back in the day when Stan was just sitting at a table signing for whoever walked up to him. Ahh the good ole days. I do prefer the cons of old to the crazy monster events of today.

Spoiler

If Stan Lee had something to do with the book, I do not care if it is low or high grade with a signature. It would be wicked cool either way.

What I dislike is Stan Lee's signature on stuff he had a limited role on. Like ASM #300 or anything from the late 80's to now. I don't see the connection other than yes, he invented Spider-Man but he did nothing for that particular issue. I guess that is where I get particular with signatures. I don't want a signature on a book unless the creator had some sort of interesting or direct connection to it. 

I'm generally ok with Stan sig on stuff even if the connection is week, why not he was such a big influence to this industry I respect his work and his legacy... I might not want to do what Raj and Sheldon in BBT did... although I would be the possessor of a unique one of a kind batman signed by Stan Lee.... lol :roflmao:

On 12/6/2019 at 1:20 PM, Krismusic said:

I'm generally ok with Stan sig on stuff even if the connection is week, why not he was such a big influence to this industry I respect his work and his legacy... I might not want to do what Raj and Sheldon in BBT did... although I would be the possessor of a unique one of a kind batman signed by Stan Lee.... lol :roflmao:

weak*

56 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

weak*

autocorrect got to love it sometimes and hate it lol 

Now I just need a auto-grammer so it can write sentences from my mind and put them into understandable anglish sentences... lol