• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a way an expert on list can ID this 1960's Dan Decarlo Archie Cover?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

I believe this is from 1966-1968.

any help is greatly appreciated!

It's a spoof cover of the BEATLES with the rock band.......THE OWLS....LOL

thanks

mike

IMG_9481 (2).JPG

Edited by romitaman

11 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

You should get a cut of the sale!

Sounds fair,
more and more sellers are coming to milk the knowledge of the board members.

They get valuable information,
sold the previously (Unknown where, when or if published) piece of art for a hefty premium,
laughing all the way to the bank when they made the deposit.

And in return the source of information get a "Thank you"
meaning (Hope you are here when I bring my next page).

This is obviously my own perspective, but for something as simple as sharing my knowledge and typing up a reply, I don't mind doing it and operate on the principle of all of us benefiting from the collective knowledge (e.g. I answer questions, but also ask questions and hope for a correct answer from the group)

But if the action is more concrete (e.g. I have to meet someone in person to deliver or receive art) then I would expect some sort of consideration.  In fact, when I ask these types of favours from friends, I typically compensate them in some way.

Malvin

Mike is a board member as well as an OA Dealer. I would have zero problem answering an inquiry and certainly would not expect compensation. I have asked Mike numerous OA questions and when he had the knowledge (almost always) he shared it without handing me a bill.

I truly like this board when dealers and collectors share info and opinions. It can even be entertaining when some members hijack a thread and take it off course....I take the board warts and all.

grapeape-mike in the sunny southern cal

5 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Sounds fair,
more and more sellers are coming to milk the knowledge of the board members.

They get valuable information,
sold the previously (Unknown where, when or if published) piece of art for a hefty premium,
laughing all the way to the bank when they made the deposit.

And in return the source of information get a "Thank you"
meaning (Hope you are here when I bring my next page).

On the effect of "milking" a cow from Quora:

"A full udder causes discomfort - these animals quickly learn that being milked feels good, and alleviates that discomfort. Milking releases oxytocin - the animals find it pleasing and relaxing, not painful!" 

Help yourself. Just make sure you are only pulling at an udder.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Mike is a board member as well as an OA Dealer. I would have zero problem answering an inquiry and certainly would not expect compensation. I have asked Mike numerous OA questions and when he had the knowledge (almost always) he shared it without handing me a bill.

I truly like this board when dealers and collectors share info and opinions. It can even be entertaining when some members hijack a thread and take it off course....I take the board warts and all.

grapeape-mike in the sunny southern cal

I would prefer that Mike post more than just when he wants some info. He has a ton of information and stories that are really entertaining and fun to read but it is a rare occasion indeed when he makes that type of post. I would hope that he would "pay it back" by being a more active board member as he could be a real contributor here if he wanted rather than just someone who shows up when he needs a question answered.

9 hours ago, grapeape said:

How about it Mike? Start a new topic on 2019 your perspective on OA as a collector and a dealer. Or whatever you find relevant.

I for one would enjoy that

We could invite the Brothers D to start a similar thread.  'Steve and Rich's Adventures in Dodgy-Dealing'  :grin:

On 8/1/2019 at 12:17 AM, The Voord said:

We could invite the Brothers D to start a similar thread.  'Steve and Rich's Adventures in Dodgy-Dealing'  :grin:

On the R S V P........."about the invitation, let me ask my brother."

On 7/31/2019 at 2:23 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Came out in 1967.

Me too.

It was my pleasure having the answer to Mike’s question. As far as being owed something?  A thanks was plenty. How someone wants to use the boards is up to them. To itch their own, as I like to say!

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Me too.

It was my pleasure having the answer to Mike’s question. As far as being owed something?  A thanks was plenty. How someone wants to use the boards is up to them. To itch their own, as I like to say!

Right on Thoth

On 7/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bird said:

I would prefer that Mike post more than just when he wants some info. He has a ton of information and stories that are really entertaining and fun to read but it is a rare occasion indeed when he makes that type of post. I would hope that he would "pay it back" by being a more active board member as he could be a real contributor here if he wanted rather than just someone who shows up when he needs a question answered.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bird said:

The sounds of silence. Mike is invited to share more. I’m rooting for this.

Point taken about active participation.