CGC Pressing vs. Third Party
1 1

24 posts in this topic

31 posts

Im considering getting some books pressed. Does anyone have any experience getting items pressed by CGC? If so what was your experience?

Any third party companies you might recommend in lieu of CGC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 posts
On 8/17/2019 at 9:04 PM, NWOslave said:

Im considering getting some books pressed. Does anyone have any experience getting items pressed by CGC? If so what was your experience?

Any third party companies you might recommend in lieu of CGC?

Actually yes, I do know of someone and consider them to be heads and shoulders better than CGC’s sister Company ( CCS ),  isn’t this about getting the best possible result on your investment, that you can get. Forget about what’s in “Good Taste,” this is your money at play here not anyone else’s. If you want more information contact me on Instagram @Brettbarrett95 send me a DM, and check out some of the books and results from the Professional Pressing Company I had my books done with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87 posts

i have had good experiences with getting books pressed by CCS and if your gonna get a book slabbed by CGC you might as well use CCS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,763 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oldrover said:

I just thought I'd leave these images here:

 

38js8u.jpg

No reason. :whistle:

 

I think we have a winner...

Edited by The Lions Den

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
868 posts
1 hour ago, engelhard said:

i have had good experiences with getting books pressed by CCS and if your gonna get a book slabbed by CGC you might as well use CCS

I used CCS for pressing on the occasions where they were removing resto, and they did a good job. Otherwise, I was very happy with poeyjost.*.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*story.thumb.JPG.d429ab1f23203b35bcf9e51864540885.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 posts
22 hours ago, oldrover said:

I just thought I'd leave these images here:

 

38js8u.jpg

No reason. :whistle:

 

im new here. i dont get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,763 posts
3 hours ago, NWOslave said:

im new here. i dont get it.

If you spend enough time here, you'll soon find out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,115 posts
On 8/21/2019 at 1:16 PM, oldrover said:

I just thought I'd leave these images here:

 

38js8u.jpg

No reason. :whistle:

 

I didn't watch Friends so I don't know who that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
868 posts
33 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I didn't watch Friends so I don't know who that is.

Hey, there's this thing called Google... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,251 posts

I don't think the mods crack down on this. WHile they're affiliated, CGC and CCS are not the same company.  You wouldn't be naming a direct competitor of CGC.  It would be like mentioning a different coin grading company.  Maybe not the favorite thing of the mods, but so far I haven't seen any cracking down on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029 posts
18 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I didn't watch Friends so I don't know who that is.

Major West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203 posts

CCS pressed my GSX1 and it went from 8.5 to 9.0.  They also did my MSH13 and it went from 9.0 to 9.2 which was huge. 

I spent the extra money since it’s convenient to just ship to one place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,992 posts
On 8/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, revat said:

I don't think the mods crack down on this. WHile they're affiliated, CGC and CCS are not the same company.  You wouldn't be naming a direct competitor of CGC.  It would be like mentioning a different coin grading company.  Maybe not the favorite thing of the mods, but so far I haven't seen any cracking down on it.

I believe this to be the case as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,410 posts
56 minutes ago, MastrCntrlProgram said:

I believe this to be the case as well.

I have gotten a few threads deleted. Not sure if that is due to button humping, but it has happened when I am mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
380 posts

You can't go wrong with CCS or JoeyPost. Have had excellent results with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,115 posts
On 8/23/2019 at 11:59 AM, Gaard said:

Major West.

Wasn't he the guy that kept screwin up so that they couldn't get off the island?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 posts

Ive had good experiences and bad experiences. I no longer trust CCS with anything thats high value that's less than a 7.0 as I have personally had two of my mid-grade books come back with popped staples. They are just so busy that being extra delicate can be lost in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1