• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No one mentioned the huge Jim Davis Garfield strip auction at Heritage?
2 2

130 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, Bronty said:

I bought a couple early Sundays.   Not yet in hand but I might as well share them.

gT9op0uC_1501211710461gpadd.jpg

I like these early Odies when he had the black ears. They were changed because having black ears made him look a little bit too similar to Snoopy.

Edited by Matches_Malone

On 2/23/2024 at 6:59 AM, delekkerste said:

Picked up my 6th Garfield strip in last night's Jim Davis auction. :cloud9: 

I'm up to 9....crazy I know, but with how had prices have dipped it's hard to resist.  Didn't pick anything up this last round, but liked this one from a few months ago.

image.png.2a1cd149d7768cc03323c49e262dbf82.png

On 2/23/2024 at 8:59 AM, delekkerste said:

Picked up my 6th Garfield strip in last night's Jim Davis auction. :cloud9: 

My sincere condolences for your gain. :foryou:

On 2/23/2024 at 12:06 PM, delekkerste said:

The first 5 strips (1 daily, 4 Sundays) I got were all from 1979-1981.

What I lacked was an example that had Garfield, Odie and Jon all in the same piece. Actually - I'm wrong! lol Turns out I already had a Sunday that had all three. But it only has one panel of Odie and one panel of Jon with the rest Garfield. 

Anyway, I didn't think I'd ever want to go out as far as 1985, but, this example had lots of Jon/Odie/Garfield in different poses/looks, a great gag, and drawn in a very pleasing style (can't say that about all of the strips from this era):

image.thumb.jpeg.d75864cb93bfe322cf1f5a5b6f9e752e.jpeg

I got my one off example, with a coffee joke. But, I have to admit, getting a Sunday with the Garfield Title is intriguing. Given how prices are, I might pull the trigger.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:51 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I got my one off example, with a coffee joke. But, I have to admit, getting a Sunday with the Garfield Title is intriguing. Given how prices are, I might pull the trigger.

mauahahahah