• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“What’s the lowest you can go?”
1 1

116 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have gotton the same thing happen right here on the boards within minutes of posting a book. I usually don’t look at PMs anyway when I’m posting. Nothing more fun that replying back after I’m done that sorry, someone took it at full price...:roflmao:

YES, that is VERY satisfying. "While you were trying to lowball me, someone bought it at full ask." That's always fun! I usually don't hear back from them after that ha

If somone asked me "what's the lowest you can go?" I'd say "that low" and point to the floor. As they looked down, I'd give them a swift upper cut to the face. As they recoiled backwards, both hands to their bloodied nose, I'd give them a strong jab to the solar plexus. As they crumpled to the floor, a short sharp knee to the face would settle the matter. 

Then, as they lay wimpering in a heap, I'd lean down and whisper something profound like "I. Don't. Negotiate". A bit like Lieutenant Gerrard in The Fugitive when he shoots the nutter in that siege scene.

Well, that's what I'd like to do anyway :)

31 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

If somone asked me "what's the lowest you can go?" I'd say "that low" and point to the floor. As they looked down, I'd give them a swift upper cut to the face. As they recoiled backwards, both hands to their bloodied nose, I'd give them a strong jab to the solar plexus. As they crumpled to the floor, a short sharp knee to the face would settle the matter. 

Then, as they lay wimpering in a heap, I'd lean down and whisper something profound like "I. Don't. Negotiate". A bit like Lieutenant Gerrard in The Fugitive when he shoots the nutter in that siege scene.

Well, that's what I'd like to do anyway :)

Calm down, Superman.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, Robot Man said:

I get “what is your best price?” a lot. I usually reply “what is your best offer?”. I figure, I’ve already shown my card and now it’s your turn. You are the one who has the problem with my price, not me. I also get the question “can you do better?” My reply is usually “yes”.

The real grinder for me is “what is the lowest you will do?”. If I really want to sell it I might reply with my lowest price. Then you get the “OK, will you do...?” That usually shuts my door and I go on ignore. 

And this too.

:D

Or the alternate:

Q "What's the lowest you'll go?"

A: "What's the highest you'll go?"

O.o

What's the lowest you can go?

My responses:

"20% off had you just used the BIN offer but for you it's now +10% on top of the BIN price."

"about 90% more than what you're thinking"

"OMG! Thank you for catching this!   There's a severe pricing error in this listing.  I actually have this book listed way too low already.  After I finish typing and sending this I'm going to revise the listing and raise the price by 75% but if you click BIN in the next 5 minutes before I do, I'll still honor the original BIN price."

"as low as you'd like but you probably wouldn't like what you get"

"I can do $X (50% off)" (and when it auto-declines them and they message me back asking why) "I'm not sure why it's not letting me accept, I guess eBay considers your offer too low for them to make a profit and won't let me sell it to you at that price.  Try raising it up 1 penny at a time until it lets you."

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

"I honestly don't know."

"How low do you want me go?"

"I can do $X (50% off) but only if you click on this link 5000 times to boost my instagram influencer profile."

It’s a perfectly expected question for a customer to ask if the dealer has no prices on his books. You guys are out there. Those that do have prices have automatically begun the art of negotiation. I insist that the next number comes from the buyer. I don’t price a book at $1000 and upon ask reduce it to my “best price”. You will have to work for it. Do you even know a good price I often ask. I only ask because there are those if you say $12 they assume $10 will work. A knee jerk instinctual reaction to any price they encounter just because. Because they just don’t know a good deal when they see or hear it. An educated consumer is our best customer. Qualifying a buyer takes seconds for a good salesman. Knowing the difference between a shopper and a buyer involves listening. Turning shoppers into buyers is a skill set most dealers lack. Anyone can sell a key for under GPS and then be unable to replace it. A recipe for disaster. Your wall books should do their job of luring prospects to your booth. It’s the bin books you want and need to sell. Furthermore a crowd at your booth is the best thing that can possibly happen at a show. Having knowledge of your inventory goes a long way. The best deals that you are looking for are in the bins, let me show you.

8 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

It’s a perfectly expected question for a customer to ask if the dealer has no prices on his books. You guys are out there. Those that do have prices have automatically begun the art of negotiation. I insist that the next number comes from the buyer. I don’t price a book at $1000 and upon ask reduce it to my “best price”. You will have to work for it. Do you even know a good price I often ask. I only ask because there are those if you say $12 they assume $10 will work. A knee jerk instinctual reaction to any price they encounter just because. Because they just don’t know a good deal when they see or hear it. An educated consumer is our best customer. Qualifying a buyer takes seconds for a good salesman. Knowing the difference between a shopper and a buyer involves listening. Turning shoppers into buyers is a skill set most dealers lack. Anyone can sell a key for under GPS and then be unable to replace it. A recipe for disaster. Your wall books should do their job of luring prospects to your booth. It’s the bin books you want and need to sell. Furthermore a crowd at your booth is the best thing that can possibly happen at a show. Having knowledge of your inventory goes a long way. The best deals that you are looking for are in the bins, let me show you.

+100

You got leads. Mitch and Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can’t close the leads you’re given, you can’t close shiznit, you are shiznit, hit the bricks pal and beat it ’cause you are going out. … "The leads are weak." Freaking leads are weak? You’re weak.

The money’s out there, you pick it up, it’s yours. You don’t, I have no sympathy for you.

Coffee's for closers only.

:foryou:

Edited by Dr. Love

On 9/10/2019 at 8:15 AM, 1Cool said:

I usually get a note that the buyer can pay immediately.  I don't need the cash that quickly.  Buy it at my price and pay in a couple days is fine with me.

Yes I love this. Like it matters anymore if you pay immediately.

Also when they add Free Shipping. 

Or my favorite one this year is when a CGC board member this year as well that I banned
over it. PM if you want to know about that one.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

+100

You got leads. Mitch and Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can’t close the leads you’re given, you can’t close shiznit, you are shiznit, hit the bricks pal and beat it ’cause you are going out. … "The leads are weak." Freaking leads are weak? You’re weak.

The money’s out there, you pick it up, it’s yours. You don’t, I have no sympathy for you.

Coffee's for closers only.

:foryou:

I'm McLovin it!

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 5.24.40 PM.png