• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

71 posts in this topic

A little Carousel of Comics

Hi everyone! :hi: I have recently committed to buying some OA pages, which I don't do that often anymore, but I am super happy to have them and now need to restore my finances by making a few sacrifices. There will be some nice raw books at the end but first I will begin with slabs, some of which I am genuinely sorry to let go, but "easy come easy go" as they say. I am running also a thread in Mixed focusing on books, trades, moderns and more specialty items, and shipping of course can be combined. 

I will consider reasonable offers on all items BUT an unconditional "I'll take it" in the thread or by PM trumps. Competing claims will be decided as far as possible by time stamp. Unfortunately, the new board software does not display precise thread post times (either in PMs or in sales threads), which can result in the inability to determine whether a PM post or thread post came first. In those circumstances (i.e., where there are "take its" in both a PM and in the sales thread, and where it cannot be determined from the time stamps which "take it" came first), the "take it" posted publicly in the sales thread will win. Therefore, there is some risk of losing a book if you try to remain anonymous via PM. You can count on me in any event to do my best to ensure fairness to everyone. (My especial thanks to EC Ed for his kind assistance in formulating and clarifying this rule)

I will not sell to the probate or the banned.

Payment is by Paypal only.

I will ship comics (raw or slabbed) to the US and Canada for a flat rate of $10.00 for any number of books shipped in a secure box.

I will ship international but please PM me for a quote. I will work with you to keep your shipping costs down.

Plane-CanucksUltd.thumb.jpg.177020f5057af82d7127b4f16c25a04c.jpg

Insurance is also available....

Plane-hawker.thumb.jpg.f3be8d72ea0b5837f77b283e6cbae55a.jpg

This is my 80th sales thread on the Boards.  Kudos Thread If anyone has any further concerns please PM me and I am very happy to provide Board “References upon Request”.

If for any reason a buyer is unhappy with their purchase I will give a full refund upon notification within 30 days of receiving the item(s) and upon the safe return of the item(s).

Many thanks for looking, and I hope you find something in my carousel of comics. :smile:

Cheers,

Robert 

All-TrueCrime-26-fc-Modified4.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 33 Qualified 6.5 (Bright with good gloss; this one is a problem child for an already tough book, main defect is that the Subby pin up is present but torn out, and to make matters worse it is not the original pin up from this copy, it is "married", if that term is appropriate, for a pin up which was torn from another copy and placed loose in this copy; if you have read to this point and still care, its otherwise a solid copy with light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top & btm edges fc & bc; 2 long diagonal partial cb/ncb crses/folds center top bc; mod tanning halos interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $20.00 SOLD

FF-33-fc.jpg

FF-33-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 50 5.0 (Bright with good colour & reflectivity; fc presents better but mod to heavy spine wear, mainly a 1/2" spine split top & a v sm hole btm spine, cb spine & staple stress; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; cb crse center r-edge fc; cb crses & cb ding btm edge fc; 1/4" diagonal tear right top edge bc; generally book has feel of exposure to moisture-humidity, no ws but mod tanning halos inside cvrs, less visible impact on fc, slightly so btm edge fc, but more clearly evident bc; that said no odours, no rust, staples clean) $165.00 SOLD

FF-50-fc.jpg

FF-50-bc.jpg

FF-50-insidefc.jpg

FF-50-insidebc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 53 5.0 (Bright with good colour & reflectivity; very similar to FF 50 above, presents better, structurally 6.5ish but held down by general exposure to moisture-humidity, again no ws but mod to heavy foxing-tanning interior cvrs somewhat less visible fc but more obvious bc; otherwise mod spine & edge wear; slight ncb stacking curl fc; cb crses br crnr fc; cb crse ul crnr bc; despite extensive foxing & tanning no odours, no rust, staples clean) $50.00 SOLD

FF-53-fc.jpg

FF-53-bc.jpg

FF-53-insidefc.jpg

FF-53-insidebc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 73 6.0 (Bright with good gloss; mod spine & edge wear, mod to heavy spine stress; crnr blunting; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; hard impact top spine with cb crses, most pronounced bc; finger-print stain ul crnr bc; light to mod foxing & ink transfer fc & bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs) $12.00 SOLD

FF-73-fc.jpg

FF-73-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 80 Copy A 7.0 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly cb ding with cb crse center top edge fc & left & btm edge bc; cb spine stress; ncb thumb-reading dent center r-edge fc & faintly thru book to bc; crnr blunting; main defect is an approx. 1.5" x 1.5" rough patch left btm edge bc near spine, not exactly a ws but likely exposure to moisture removing gloss & creating sm faint ripples impacting also inside bc; mod foxing & localized ink transfer bc ) $15.00 SOLD

FF-80-CopyA-fc.jpg

FF-80-CopyA-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 80 Copy B 8.0 (Bright & glossy with superior colours; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top edge bc; blunting with sm cb crse ur crnr fc; v sm mainly ncb dents & folds, ul crnr fc & center r-edge & left btm edge fc; sm chip out bl crnr bc; light to mod foxing & localized ink transfer bc) $20.00 SOLD

FF-80-CopyB-fc.jpg

FF-80-CopyB-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four Annual 6 6.0 (Bright with superior gloss; main & determining defect is long cb crse br crnr fc, matched by a smaller cb crse with blunting br crnr fc; otherwise mod spine & edge wear, mainly v sm patches of cb wear along spine; patches of stacking transfer along btm edge fc; slight stacking curl; slight staple "push" and waviness along spine typical of square bounds; 3/4" x 1/4" semi-circular stain top edge right above the "ECI" in "SPECIAL!" which is invisible on the fc but visible on the inside fc; "3.00" in pencil ul crnr bc; light foxing & localized ink transfer fc & bc & interior cvrs) $175.00  SOLD

FF-Annual-6-fc.jpg

FF-Annual-6-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

House of Mystery 174 7.0 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top edge fc & 2 sm cb dings with sm tears upper r-edge fc; cb spine & staple stress; faint 1-1/4" cb crse br fc not really visible in scan but runs edge to edge thru boy's right hand & impacts interior pages thru 1st 1/2 of book; blunting with sm cb crse br crnr fc; cb wear btm r-edge fc; mod to heavy foxing & ink transfer bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; PQ still a respectable CR-OW) $80.00 SOLD

HoM-174-fc.jpg

HoM-174-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus