• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Horse Best Original Series?

29 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2019 at 5:18 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

It's called "Dark Horse best original series" when you use the term 'Dark Horse' are you referring to something unexpected rather than the actual company name?

I believe the OP wanted to know about Dark Horse comics that are not adapted from movies, TV, etc. 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The thread title is a question.

Your question makes no sense.

He's asking if you mean Dark Horse the company, or a dark horse, as in an unexpected choice, you know, the general meaning of the actual term 'dark horse'. 

Holly, he means the company, publisher of series' like Hellboy, Sin City, former Star Wars and Conan, etc. 

11 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

He's asking if you mean Dark Horse the company, or a dark horse, as in an unexpected choice, you know, the general meaning of the actual term 'dark horse'. 

Holly, he means the company, publisher of series' like Hellboy, Sin City, former Star Wars and Conan, etc. 

lol

Oh.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, dupont2005 said:

Dark Horse has also been putting out Peter Bagge and Gilbert Hernandez minis here and there but nothing that particularly stands out as the best of either guys work. I still buy it all anyway though 

This is definitely true, though I'll add the caveat that I think Bagge's Apocalypse Nerd is right up there with some of his best. I was surprised by how much I liked it!

For me, it's gotta be Concrete, Hellboy and Sin City for originals. I obviously have a great love for the various Aliens books, when it comes to licensed stuff. 

But, at the end of the day, it's really all about Boris the Bear, right guys?