• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 8
3 3

359 posts in this topic

At this point I really don't care what place I come in (yea, I do). I just wanted to get a double bulls.

And my wife is so crazy supportive. She doesn't get comics. But I told her about the contest and how I was in like 50th place. She said, "well, yea they are probably cheating, but you aren't!". Gotta suffer thru that first horrible marriage to get to the good one (thumbsu

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

i did ok ,.. but it helps that my whole collection is low grade lol 

i eat low grade comics for breakfast

You eat low grade comics for breakfast? ??? 

Just now, comics4all said:

That's exactly what messed me up! I way overgraded! Anyone remember All Star Comics 89?!!!!!

You can't base your grades on a trend or previous examples here.  Each book should be graded on its own presentation.  

This is the kind of junk Andy and Shin have to put up with from me.  My explanation on why I went high on the Aquaman #1

" So, I had a range on the Aquaman, but I started to look at low graded copies of this and I found copies like 4.5s and 4.0s that look worse than this.  No way am I going that high.  So I probably knocked myself out of the top 10 with this grade, which I had a range .5 to 1.0 lower. "

And I sent in 3.5, but originally thought around 2.5, but after seeing the other books bumped it.  What a maroon I am.  lol 

For the record, the "ceiling" for detached covers for Golden Age is 4.0. I don't know if there are any higher, but I've seen books that were 6.0s grade 4.0 because of a detached cover. This Archie has the classic look of a 2.5-3.0, so...that's where I graded it.

2 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

so the All American gets a 4.5 but the Aquaman gets a 2.5 (shrug) 

crazy

We hold Aquaman to a higher standard due to being king of the seas.  All American?  Well there are plenty of All Americans.