• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN show (2021?)
2 2

90 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hamada wouldn't allow Zack Snyder to include John Stewart in his Justice League (2021). He wouldn't allow the Green Lantern show to include John Stewart.

What was Hamada thinking he was going to do with this character?

Luckily, we will never know.

Personally, I like John Stewart more than Guy Guardener or Alan Scott, so this is good news.

Last week, DC Studios co-chairs James Gunn and Peter Safran announced Lanterns, an Earth-set series on HBO Max that is part of the first chapter of their new DC Universe, titled Gods and Monsters. In this "terrestrial-based, True Detective-type mystery," the power ring-wielding warriors will investigate a whodunit tying into an overarching story across film and television.

Lanterns "leads into the overall story that we're telling throughout the different movies and television shows," Gunn said during DC's slate presentation. "We find this ancient horror on Earth, and these guys are basically super-cops on 'Precinct Earth.'"

I really enjoyed a lot of what Johns did from Rebirth to The Wrath of The First Lantern storyline...some of the only ones I really enjoyed after I stopped reading new releases when Marvel went bankrupt.  I can only hope we get to see some of that here (and that they cast a good Sinestro).