Is ‘Go Collect’ a reliable source of value?
2 2

40 posts in this topic

185 posts

For those who don’t want to fork over the subscription cost of GPAnalysis, does Go Collect offer comparable figures?  Overstreet seems way under what the current market sells for.  EBay seems a fair gauge.  But sometimes it’s nice to have a reasonable reference point for certain items that are offered for sale here or on other auction sites. 

5,881 posts

it doesn’t quite have the depth (across time) or breadth (across sellers), but has a better interface and tools.  I would guess if you were pricing things on the two platforms they would be remarkably similar.  It’s run by boardie @jhm.

294 posts

I find that it is very accurate for books that sell often, but the default price multipliers for books sold rarely can show some unrealistic estimated values. As a paid subscriber you can customize your own own price multipliers for a given book.

313 posts

I like it.  It is easy to use and I like the fact that their are pictures of each book sold if you subscribe.  I have found though that it can be slow in placing new sales on their site while GPA reports them faster.

453 posts

Would be great if they had a trial run, I only want to see the previous sales of 1 book but need to pay a subscription to see it.

248 posts

I use to have a subscription but stopped because I no longer by CGC books.  I agree is a solid tool all around for frequently sold books.  They did have a week trial when I signed on so I guess they no longer do that. 

294 posts
24 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

Would be great if they had a trial run, I only want to see the previous sales of 1 book but need to pay a subscription to see it.

Which book are you thinking?

453 posts
22 minutes ago, Joosh said:

Which book are you thinking?

Vampirella Strikes #1 Comicspro sketch variant from 2013. There are 3 sales for a 9.8 and 2 for a 9.6 but they are sales for a year and older so can't check ebay for sales.

Recently sent mine to CGC and was curious on what they sold for but since I have no intention of selling mine I didn't see a point in paying the subscription fee so more of a curiosity thing :)

Edited by IbukiLord

615 posts
4 hours ago, thunsicker said:

it doesn’t quite have the depth (across time) or breadth (across sellers), but has a better interface and tools.  I would guess if you were pricing things on the two platforms they would be remarkably similar.  It’s run by boardie @jhm.

It does factor in C.Link which GPA does not

303 posts

I think it is reliable for books that sell very frequently. I have used it lately to help with making informed purchases. I think for the most part it's accurate. 

471 posts

Glad it's reliable. I have my collection in Collectorz Comics and they're linked to Go Collect. But like some have mentioned, their database is small at this time.  

11,987 posts
3 hours ago, Northwest said:

That would make it a definite plus on a going forward basis, in comparison to GPA.  (thumbsu

14,403 posts

I like the site, it fits well usually to prices...

Recently I've tried "different price issues" like 30 cent or 35 cents, those never have enough sales.

They don't track Nintendo Power.....

It's good for the slabs that are also more common :) 

7,553 posts
12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I like the site, it fits well usually to prices...

Recently I've tried "different price issues" like 30 cent or 35 cents, those never have enough sales.

They don't track Nintendo Power.....

It's good for the slabs that are also more common :) 

I like the site too

1,867 posts

Whether you are a collector or a dealer, information is king.  A wise person would subscribe to both services... they work differently and each has their own strengths. It's under $200 per year for both of them combined... the cost of a few (or fewer) slabs.  Seems quite reasonable.

5,881 posts
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:
7 hours ago, Northwest said:

That would make it a definite plus on a going forward basis, in comparison to GPA.  (thumbsu

As long as they have all sales rather than the cherry picked sales they offered George.

21,472 posts

Unlike other new sites this site isn't spamming itself everywhere its
letting its site do the talking which I like.

As long as they keep their current format I think it will do very well over
time.

Edited by fastballspecial