PGM Young Allies #9

10 posts in this topic

18,472 posts

I'll be sending this in in a month or so, and have an idea how it will grade, but it's in that range that can be tough to ballpark with CGC. It was seriously over graded by the seller IMHO, but I purchased it for a price that I'm happy with (fully expecting it would fall short of advertised grade). 

What do you all think it will grade at.

It has cr/ow pages and no hidden flaws. The notable flaws are a crease on the top left of the back cover,  two very small tears on the right edge of the front, and a light crease at the bottom of the S in the logo, that is more obvious in the scan than in hand.  There is also a pencil check mark in the U in the  logo, but I don't expect that to impact the grade. 

Youngalliesfront009.thumb.jpg.44b3e62216cf1f6093155a9a260f0078.jpgYoungallies009.thumb.jpg.7b9ec4185b78615f04e52851c8b3646d.jpg

1,080 posts

6.5/ possibly 7.0

Edited by mstrange

12,643 posts

FN+ (6.5)

Nice book Richard. (thumbsu

2,926 posts

I'm at 6.0-6.5. Just love these Young Allies covers. I bought one of mine, raw, from a CC seller, and it was listed as a 7.0-7.5. It came back as this! Here's hoping you get higher!

20190510_162816_resized.jpg

1,531 posts

I think CGC is generous with Golden Age-- I sent in a Batman #3 once that I thought would be a 1.5 at best and it came back a 4.0-- I'd say this one is a 6.5

Edited by AndyFish

18,472 posts

Thanks all. Based on my prior experience with CGC and following what sort of flaws they appear to accept in given grades, I'm hoping for a 7.0 when I submit, but would not be surprised with a 6.5. I'd be disappointed with a 6.0. I agree that CGC can sometimes be more generous with GA than with books from later eras, and have seen 7.5s with similar flaws to this book, but I'm not expecting that.

7,091 posts
18 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Thanks all. Based on my prior experience with CGC and following what sort of flaws they appear to accept in given grades, I'm hoping for a 7.0 when I submit, but would not be surprised with a 6.5. I'd be disappointed with a 6.0. I agree that CGC can sometimes be more generous with GA than with books from later eras, and have seen 7.5s with similar flaws to this book, but I'm not expecting that.

Sorry my friend....I have a strong feeling that your book will come back with 6.5/7.0.

18,472 posts
1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Sorry my friend....I have a strong feeling that your book will come back with 6.5/7.0.

My feeling as well, but a boy can dream.