• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haven't left a negative feedback on eBay for a long time....that may be changing soon.

63 posts in this topic

This wasn't a comic but I thought the situation was interesting and hadn't seen this particular "method" used before on eBay.  Here are the facts so far:

I purchased an inexpensive (under $15) phone case on eBay on November 16th......it came with free shipping and said the item location was in California.

Seller only had 10 feedbacks.  All were positive, but only 2 were from selling (not great but everyone has to start somewhere).

On his feedback page, I saw that he joined eBay in August but only noticed his location was listed as Israel after I made the purchase (first red flag since the item page said the item was located in California).

On November 19th the seller sent me an email......he thanked me and let me know that he shipped my package (his item page did say it might take up to 5 days to ship)......my eBay page also updated with a USPS tracking number.

Today (two days later on November 21st).......there was still nothing showing for the USPS tracking number, other than the label had been created but that the item was not in the USPS system yet (second red flag)

I emailed the seller earlier today to ask if the item was actually shipped yet and WHERE it was shipping from.

I then checked the sellers feedback again and saw that one feedback had just been added to it......a Neutral feedback stating "Really fast shipping! But I didn’t receive the case I ordered". (third red flag)

No reply from the seller yet, but I did see that the USPS tracking had finally been updated with the following

Processed Through Facility
GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA
Your item has been processed through a facility in GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA 
(I'm losing count....but I believe that's the fourth red flag)

Ok, so at this point, I'm not looking for the item to arrive in a timely manner.  If it's the correct item when it does arrive, I have to decide if I'll leave a positive or neutral feedback (I don't like being lied to).  If it's the wrong item, I don't care if it's a $5 item or a $5,000 item, the boot licker is getting an instant negative feedback for lying to me, for wasting my time, and to warn others about this scammer.

To be continued.....

That's a whole lot of flags.... hope it works out, will you order a other from someone else before it arrives?

I'm not seeing a lot more that you could have done per se, but definitely stinks....

Yeah.....it's only a few bucks and wouldn't really be worth sending it back for a refund if that's way eBay tries to make me do.  No big loss either way.  Just thought it was interesting that he's pretending to be U.S. based.....appears to live in Israel......and is having items drop shipped from China.

Another interesting twist came up as I was looking for an alternate phone case if this one falls through.  I found the exact same case with the exact same type of eBay sale page (word for word), but the item location was listed as being in Paris, France.  When I checked this sellers feedback page, they had a feedback score of 17 (all positive) but it said that seller joined in July and is located in Israel (big coincidence).  It has to be the same guy.

Edited by Domo Arigato

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah.....it's only a few bucks and wouldn't really be worth sending it back for a refund if that's way eBay tries to make me do.  No big loss either way.  Just thought it was interesting that he's pretending to be U.S. based.....appears to live in Israel......and is having items dropped ship from China.

Another interesting twist came up as I was looking for an alternate phone case if this one falls through.  I found the exact same case with the exact same type of eBay sale page (word for word), but the item location was listed as being in Paris, France.  When I checked this sellers feedback page, they had a feedback score of 17 (all positive) but it said that seller joined in July and is located in Israel (big coincidence).  It has to be the same guy.

Or A broader ring of deception, somethin' is fishy for sure...

I do know that items I've received, when I went to leave positive feedback, it said that I'd have to wait 7 days to leave neutral or negative feedback.

I can only presume that is to encourage talking to the seller to resolve issues.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

If it arrives ok let it go.  If a LOONG wait then go Mr Roboto on em and alert others:  Location says California, the Israel then China.  Seller needs to not hide location from buyers as selling tactic.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

If it arrives ok let it go. 

If it arrives ok and if it's the correct item, then I won't leave a negative.  But I'll definitely be leaving a comment in a positive or neutral that the item ships from China.  If he's not going to be honest about that, then I'm going to let people know.

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

If it arrives ok and if it's the correct item, then I won't leave a negative.  But I'll definitely be leaving a comment in a positive or neutral that the item ships from China.  If he's not going to be honest about that, then I'm going to let people know.

yep a neutral def warranted.

12 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

This wasn't a comic but I thought the situation was interesting and hadn't seen this particular "method" used before on eBay.  Here are the facts so far:

I purchased an inexpensive (under $15) phone case on eBay on November 16th......it came with free shipping and said the item location was in California.

Seller only had 10 feedbacks.  All were positive, but only 2 were from selling (not great but everyone has to start somewhere).

On his feedback page, I saw that he joined eBay in August but only noticed his location was listed as Israel after I made the purchase (first red flag since the item page said the item was located in California).

On November 19th the seller sent me an email......he thanked me and let me know that he shipped my package (his item page did say it might take up to 5 days to ship)......my eBay page also updated with a USPS tracking number.

Today (two days later on November 21st).......there was still nothing showing for the USPS tracking number, other than the label had been created but that the item was not in the USPS system yet (second red flag)

I emailed the seller earlier today to ask if the item was actually shipped yet and WHERE it was shipping from.

I then checked the sellers feedback again and saw that one feedback had just been added to it......a Neutral feedback stating "Really fast shipping! But I didn’t receive the case I ordered". (third red flag)

No reply from the seller yet, but I did see that the USPS tracking had finally been updated with the following

GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

Ok, so at this point, I'm not looking for the item to arrive in a timely manner.  If it's the correct item when it does arrive, I have to decide if I'll leave a positive or neutral feedback (I don't like being lied to).  If it's the wrong item, I don't care if it's a $5 item or a $5,000 item, the boot licker is getting an instant negative feedback for lying to me, for wasting my time, and to warn others about this scammer.

To be continued.....

Seems legit.....

14 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

To be continued.....

I had a similar scenario with smaller item it was a thermometer its location said Canada so I was like ok fast shipping no china stuff that takes like 2 months to arrive with free shipping. when I bought it I got a tracking # item was coming from same place Guangshou, China.. :facepalm: seller had lots of good feedback I got the item but had to wait like 6 weeks for it to show up.. 

But I think this is a new thing that they might have multiple accounts to show item location in different spots but I believe they are china sellers. 

I don't care how long a product takes or what subterfuge he is employing to withhold his location, just as long as the product arrives as described and intact.

If your case is military grade like my tablet case than assume he is a mossad agent and in that case positive feedback is your only option.

Did he have a tag-buyer beware?

20191122_095145.jpg