• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If Wolverine appeared in 2 panels of Hulk 180, then would it be his first appearance?
3 3

192 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, kav said:

The logic has always been "well he only appears in one panel so it's a cameo".  Ok what about 2 panels?  3? 6?  2 pages?  What's the cutoff point?

I imagine that whatever criteria determines the distinction between the first Galactus appearance and the first full Galactus appearance would also govern the same criteria for Wolverine?

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I imagine that whatever criteria determines the distinction between the first Galactus appearance and the first full Galactus appearance would also govern the same criteria for Wolverine?

You would think-

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I thought it had been established already via many threads that there's no consistency, for example, 1st Wolverine vs 1st Darkseid.

Yes the point of this thread is a bit different-like what number of panels would convert over to full appearance.

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Or maybe the real question is the significance of the brief appearance? Wolverine has one cool-looking "here I am" panel, but for all you know from that, Hulk backhands him next issue, never to be seen again. Without 181, you just don't know.

Darkseid is just a head on a screen in one panel, but whatever exactly he says (can't recall without digging it out) he's clearly the new bad@ss mastermind not to be trifled with. Not much of a look at him, but we get the idea about him.

Just trying to dig us a new rabbit hole in familiar soil; don't much care either way. But it makes some sense, no?

This does make sense.

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Or maybe the real question is the significance of the brief appearance? Wolverine has one cool-looking "here I am" panel, but for all you know from that, Hulk backhands him next issue, never to be seen again. Without 181, you just don't know.

Darkseid is just a head on a screen in one panel, but whatever exactly he says (can't recall without digging it out) he's clearly the new bad@ss mastermind not to be trifled with. Not much of a look at him, but we get the idea about him.

Just trying to dig us a new rabbit hole in familiar soil; don't much care either way. But it makes some sense, no?

This might be the best explanation I've seen of determining cameo vs first appearance.  (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

This might be the best explanation I've seen of determining cameo vs first appearance.  (thumbsu

S-so you're saying my thread was useful after all?
@Logan510

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

In the old days they would say this thread was a waste of bandwidth.

lol

Now we just say "Kav has started another thread"

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

How about a new thread on the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.6 or one about a bad eBay transaction?

On it-