• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S WEIRD BITS IS CLOSED!
2 2

264 posts in this topic

Bizarre  Adventures 29, Oct 1981

Lawnmower Man  by  Stephen King  and Walt  Simonson,  Greenberg the Vampire by  DeMateis and Leialoham Mirror, Mirror by  Bruce Jones  John Buscema and
Bob Wicek,  and Bucky Bizarre by  Steve  Skeates  and Steve  Smallwood

Bit of general wear  and  a touch of rubbing along spine  FC,  otherwise  glossy  and tight,  white pages.

Asking $15  SOLD!

dab91bu.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Laugh Comics 46

Tiny tear and dogear lower  edge FC,  even teensier  tear  lower edge BC,  touch of spine/stacking roll,   tight,    glossy,   white pages

Asking $60

mHFy6eI.jpg

He we go,   last weird bit. 

March of Comics 160,  Bugs Bunny

Flat  and tight with  a bit of gloss, offwhite pages,  but  general  wear  and  some light soiling BC.

Asking  $5  SOLD!

dJwuIWm.jpg

Edited by catrick339

16 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Bizarre  Adventures 29, Oct 1981

Lawnmower Man  by  Stephen King  and Walt  Simonson,  Greenberg the Vampire by  DeMateis and Leialoham Mirror, Mirror by  Bruce Jones  John Buscema and
Bob Wicek,  and Bucky Bizarre by  Steve  Skeates  and Steve  Smallwood

Bit of general wear  and  a touch of rubbing along spine  FC,  otherwise  glossy  and tight,  white pages.

Asking $15

dab91bu.jpg

:takeit:

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

He we go,   last weird bit. 

March of Comics 160,  Bugs Bunny

Flat  and tight with  a bit of gloss, offwhite pages,  but  general  wear  and  some light soiling BC.

Asking  $5

dJwuIWm.jpg

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

She-Ra Princess of Power

British  hardcover  annual,   1987

Sixty pages  plus covers,   full  color throughout,  bone white pages.

Asking $20

VwJ6bnx.jpg

w4hWd34.jpg

:takeit:

Take  a few  minutes  and run  back  through  the thread,  there are some beautiful,  and sometimes unique  items
still  available,  such  as  the   cover  proof  with  all  plates  represented,  the printers  plates,   the   GA  ashcan cover,  etc,. 

Thread  runs until   early  afternoon  tomorrow,  hard close when the last invoice  goes out.

Thanks  to  everyone!

Bizarre  Adventures 29 is SOLD!

Thanks  echu!

March of Comics 160 is  SOLD!

Thanks  Norrin's!

She-Ra  Annual  is  SOLD!
Space 1999 7 is  SOLD!

Thanks  rez!

On 11/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, catrick339 said:

Here's one  of the odder  comic  book  items  I've  run across  over the years.

Best Romance 7,   this is the complete  set  of   cover  proof  tearsheets,  all plates and  combinations.

Overall  size  is  13"  wide x  19" tall,  the image is  comic book  size,  and  it's  loosely  bound  together  along  the top edge,. 

All  four  plates  in  monotone,  plus   a  combination of  two,  a  combination of three,  plus the finished  cover,. 

Gotta  be  a  one-of-a-kind  item  for this issue,  if  anyone's interested  I  can  list  two other issues, all by Standard,   all  romance titles.   Got them  out of  an estate
sale  a  few  years  back. 

Take a look  at the pix,   there  are  eight total

Asking  $150

Complete  cover proof

a5gBuSe.jpg

Black plate

KMhccir.jpg

Red plate

7SJDmCB.jpg

Yellow plate

vJku5hW.jpg

Cyan  plate

8jJLIE7.jpg

Cyan and Yellow

PmwrY8E.jpg

Everything  but Black

ncJY5F0.jpg

Last page,   production notes

ZzveaFL.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 9:01 AM, catrick339 said:

G'morning!  

Here's a little treat for you  early  post-holiday  risers,   something to  hold you over while my Beloved and I  go to the first Black Friday  sale  we've
ever bothered to attend:  the local used book  store  has  EVERYTHING IN THE STORE   on  sale with  at least a 25 percent  discount.   

Now THAT'S the  kind of  Black Friday  sale  I  could learn to support.

In the meanwhile,  here's   a  Golden Age rarity  to tide  you over.

Movie Gems  NN,  Cover  Only, 1944.

Here is an example of  a  true  GA  ashcan cover,  bought from our very  own  Moondog,  the  illustrious  Gary  C.  He was thinning the herd  at  WW Chicago
a few years back,  and I felt  that this was the closest I'd ever get to  a true  GA  ashcan. 

Unused  cover  ONLY, and only the FC  has  any  printing at all.  And not only  that,  you  get   Simon and Kirby  Boy Commandos   art.

Folded in half  and  filed  in 1944,  and probably not touched by human hands again until  Gary bought it, There's a light  water stain upper LH FC, 
otherwise   flat clean and  gorgeous. 

$200,  EXTREMELY  FIRM

OKcEcb5.jpg

On 11/30/2019 at 2:37 PM, catrick339 said:

Here's the nicest  EC  I've had in quite a while.

Weird Science 8

Flat,  clean,  decent gloss,  tight spine and  CF,  offwhite pages.  There's  a  teensy  corner off lower  LH  BC,  may not be visible in scan,  
and  the dust shadow  along  the  lower  BC.   Very pretty  copy.

Asking  $275,   pretty  firm on this one.

ROwXFC2.jpg

iPD4MfI.jpg

Those are the three  I'm  most  surprised  that  nobody  showed any  interest in.  Two that are  likely  unique,   plus  a  high grade  EC.

Well,   it doesn't break my  heart  to  keep  any  of them,   I'll just thin the herd  elsewhere.   I'm determined to  shovel  out  a  bunch  of  
stuff  by this  time  next  year!

Look  for   more  Weird Bits  before  spring,   :D

On 11/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, catrick339 said:

Let's  see  who's  still  awake.

Mysterious Adventures 22

Flat,   tight spine  and CF,   bit of gloss,   white pages. Light  dogear  lower  RH  FC,  bit  of  general wear,  light rubbing  and touch of soiling BC.

EDIT  That's not a tear or  dangling corner upper LH  corner,  must have  been  a smudge  or  bit of leftover  pulp.  Corner on the comic is intact.

Very pretty copy  for $175

Jc8YuAm.jpg

:takeit: per PM

I met Hy at Heroes Con in June. Super nice gentleman.

T Minus  Thirty Minutes  And  Counting

Soft  close  at  2 PM,  invoices  start  going out after  that. 

Hard close  when  the  last invoices goes out. 

Go peck  that  carcass!