• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G/S/B books that I need to clean out while snowed in *CLOSED*
4 4

128 posts in this topic

Posting one more oddball book for now. I picked up this funny book because the colors are great and the detailed cover art. It doesn't really fit in the collection, but I like it. Bought as a 6.0, and I think that's maybe even undergraded a bit. Flat and clean, pretty well attached though the cover could be a bit tighter, no major flaws. I think it would do better than 6.0 at CGC, especially with a cleaning to the back cover, which is where most of the wear is. No recent comps that I can find, so I'll throw a number on it. Feel free to throw one back, but this wasn't in the original "sell" pile. 

$75

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Although I can’t spend right now, I have to stress that I loved your sales thread.
The variety, and also the concept of "purging" one's own collections here and there, to fine-tune the interests/focus. :)

We’d need more sales thread like these here on the CGC boards!

The Humdinger looks like a weird and lovely book, too.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:01 PM, elibowman said:

More Fun Comics 127, 1947, last issue and hard to find (OSPG says Scarce), 5.5, with spine wear being the major issue. This is priced aggressively, but it's just exceptionally tough to find a copy. 3 on the census (Church, Crippen and a 3.5). 

$375

image.jpg

:takeit: per pm.  Something just classical about this Howie Post cover. :x

Chiefs are in the Super Bowl for the first time in my lifetime. Let's celebrate with 25% until 9AM Central. This DOES NOT apply to Crime Mysteries...I am still not in a hurry to sell that one. Also, this is not "stackable" with the 20% above, but it does apply to the lowest specified price on any listing...again, except the Crime Mysteries. That one stays the same price. 

Ok...no takers at the discount, so let's do this. All % discounts are now ended. The markdown type discounts are still in effect. 

I am going to take one more run through the "sell" box to see what might fit in here, or just be interesting in general. I want to wrap this thread in the next 24-48 hours, so feel free to shoot me an offer if there is something that catches your eye. Thanks for the "takes" and the views and the thread-carping.

This will be the last push for this thread. I plan to close this down in the next day or two.

Amazing Spider-Man 132, 5.5Q (Missing MVS), solid and flat, spine wear, some surface wear to cover (but most is NCB), nothing major, but plenty of small issues accumulating.

$4

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tales Of Suspense 86, 5.0, looks much nicer with great spine, and nice colors, but some staining to front cover bottom right corner. The staining only affects the front of the cover (doesn't bleed to interior), so I don't think it was from moisture, but so hard to tell. Paper is still flat, and doesn't really feel different. Dust shadow top of back cover, and some foreign substance top right corner back cover (probably can be removed, but I haven't tried. Get a 7.0+ looking book for a much better price.

$9

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tales To Astonish 83, 3.5, this one also looks better until you see the tear running through the logo box and through the Sub-Mariner words...bummer. Also some NCB creasing including one that looks like it might be a sub-crease (but doesn't seem to make it all the way to the top). Also some tearing to the top edge of the back cover.

$6

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tales To Astonish 94, 4.0, this one actually looks its grade with spine and edge wear, a couple chips all the way around (especially see the one to bottom back edge), some surface wear to the cover, etc. Pretty typical VG book in my mind.

$6

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman