• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G/S/B books that I need to clean out while snowed in *CLOSED*
4 4

128 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, elibowman said:

Fightin' Marines 6, 1952, Matt Baker Canteen Kate, 5.0Q. This book looks great. But someone "laced" the cover. It came out of a full collection of books with identical lacing. He/she spent a lot of time in doing this...not sloppy work. I believe there are 24 small holes through the book to run the laces. Cover is attached firmly otherwise (as far as I can tell). Really not a lot of other wear...might be higher than 5.0 without the laces. Only 7 on the census. 

$25

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

take.  I can enjoy Baker even with laces

Fightin' Marines 14, 1955, Matt Baker Canteen Kate, 3.5. This one reprints the first Canteen Kate, and is the first Charlton issue. Tanning to covers, piece missing from back cover, grease pencil on front cover, and spine damage at the top of spine. Only 2 copies on the census.

$45  **SOLD**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

The Gunhawk 15, 1951, great Maneely cover, 4.0. Big stamp (store stamp?) on the front cover, minor creasing, stain back cover, there is a tear in the front cover from spine through the bartender's face with tape repairing it from the inside (this only affects the cover). Nice pages.

Was $18, NOW $16

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

More Fun Comics 127, 1947, last issue and hard to find (OSPG says Scarce), 5.5, with spine wear being the major issue. This is priced aggressively, but it's just exceptionally tough to find a copy. 3 on the census (Church, Crippen and a 3.5). 

$375  ** SOLD **

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Nellie The Nurse 12, 1946, 7.0, couple faint stains in the white area of the cover (under their feet, and below the "No. 12"), tiny corner ding to the top spine, "KC" written on cover in pencil. Bought locally as an 8.0, but I think 7.0 is the better bet here.

$225  **SOLD**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

6 minutes ago, elibowman said:

Nellie The Nurse 12, 1946, 7.0, couple faint stains in the white area of the cover (under their feet, and below the "No. 12"), tiny corner ding to the top spine, "KC" written on cover in pencil. Bought locally as an 8.0, but I think 7.0 is the better bet here.

$225

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

take

Outlaw Fighters 3, 1954, nice Atlas western here. 4.5 with most of the wear at the spine. There is some roll and a reading crease, but the bulk of the cover is very sharp with great blacks. I could easily see giving this a better grade, but the reading crease is holding me back.

Was $16, NOW $14

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman