• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

Largest 1 day point gain ever today.

What stock market slump?

Corrections happen....a week of panick last week, this week common sense is setting back in...

Thats my thoughts anyhow....

And for comics....it's always a win unless you chose unwisely . LOL

Edited by KryptoSpidey

1 minute ago, KryptoSpidey said:

What stock market slump?

Corrections happen....a week of panick last week, this week common sense is setting back in...

We have a media that instills panic simply in the way they report things, and the majority of the population will only hear the basics of a story,  jump to conclusions without any rational thinking, spread incomplete information like wildfire, and suddenly everybody's in a panic. It's the same from the local weather guy all the way up to a national anchor, and it is irresponsible and pretty unethical.

5 minutes ago, Pat Thomas said:

We have a media that instills panic simply in the way they report things, and the majority of the population will only hear the basics of a story,  jump to conclusions without any rational thinking, spread incomplete information like wildfire, and suddenly everybody's in a panic. It's the same from the local weather guy all the way up to a national anchor, and it is irresponsible and pretty unethical.

Oh you mean like CoronaVirus with no lime? Forget the thousands who die each year from the common flu...

Now if Corona was killing healthy, middle age people i'd be concerned there too..but behold its the sick, and elderly so far.... sigh

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

This right here is the crux of the matter. People of a certain age and physical condition have the potential to be fatally harmed by something that people not of that certain age and not with that same physical condition will even be phased by.   A cold can kill some that are already in a weakened or compromised state. For those unfortunate ones, It's a deadly corona virus.

It could free up a lot of books...,hm, thus driving prices down..., hm

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

This. And rebound! Which will continue tomorrow. By week's end, all the ground will be remade and then some. 30K+ sooner than you think.

1 hour ago, KryptoSpidey said:

What stock market slump?

And for comics....it's always a win unless you chose unwisely . LOL

I think it's a bull trap.  But we'll see.  

omgQFQ6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

You could buy houses, gold bars, art.  

Gold bars? I own a gold mine lol. My family is from North Carolina hills, we own half a mountain full of gold and garnets lol 

Houses, now as far as that goes, buy dirt, not the house..... tear downs are the way....buy dirt,the $ is in the land

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

For what it’s worth, I came down with the flu after C2E2.  At least it waited till today to hit though. 

Man I dont know whether to like your post or sad face, hope you feel better! I got over the crud, but still cough up once in while. I dont know the symptoms of this new whatchamacallit, but I had it well before the news. Con in 4 weeks :wishluck:

Did both of you get tested for this Corona Virus variant since it supposedly has pretty much the exact same symptons as the regular flu and that's what makes it so hard to detect?  (thumbsu

Apparently the prevention and treatment is also virtually the same for both, with the major difference being the source as the Corona Virus is caused by one new strain of the virus, while the regular seasonal flu can be cause by several different strains of the influenza virus.  There are now just over 90,000 cases of the Corona Virus worldwide which has everybody in a mad panic, while there are an estimated 1 billion cases of the regular seasonal flu at this current point in time which nobody seems to really care about even though it can also be deadly.  :gossip:  :screwy:  

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Did both of you get tested for this Corona Virus variant since it supposedly has pretty much the exact same symptons as the regular flu and that's what makes it so hard to detect?  (thumbsu

Apparently the prevention and treatment is also virtually the same for both, with the major difference being the source as the Corona Virus is caused by one new strain of the virus, while the regular seasonal flu can be cause by several different strains of the influenza virus.  There are now just over 90,000 cases of the Corona Virus worldwide which has everybody in a mad panic, while there are an estimated 1 billion cases of the regular seasonal flu at this current point in time which nobody seems to really care about even though it can also be deadly.  :gossip:  :screwy:  

I don’t have any respiratory issues, so I hadn’t planned on getting tested for COVID-19.

14 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

+1 The dip was the needed impetus, the elastic rebound, for the market to do what it had been hinting at doing and flirting with for the past year. Breaking through the 30,000 barrier on the way to what seems to be the unattainable 40,000 barrier, which it could do by the end of 2020, if factors conducive towards it doing so continue throughout the year, including this cold/panic epidemic subsiding, which IMO is a distraction and only so much white noise. From what I can see, the future looks hunky-dory. Of the comic hobby and the stock market. Don't be hoodwinked by the incessant saturation of fear that bombards us all daily, coming at us from every direction. Learn to see through it. Use the force.

So while the economy of the world shrinks, you think the Dow is going to go up 40%. 

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I don’t have any respiratory issues, so I hadn’t planned on getting tested for COVID-19.

Yes, but that only takes care of yourself because you are healthy enough to recover from it, whether it be COVID-19 or the regular seasonal flu.  (thumbsu

Although you believe you have only the commn seasonal flu, you might actually have this COVID-19 variant strain and as a result, unkowningly spreading it to others that might or might not have respiratory problems.  hm

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but that only takes care of yourself because you are healthy enough to recover from it, whether it be COVID-19 or the regular seasonal flu.  (thumbsu

Although you believe you have only the commn seasonal flu, you might actually have this COVID-19 variant strain and as a result, unkowningly spreading it to others that might or might not have respiratory problems.  hm

Why you gotta make me feel bad?  :(

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Maybe he missed where you don't feel well, but cheer up! I could be patient "0" for all I know, I thought I had the crud but didn't go to the doctor. I could have coughed on someone who then went to China...... :foryou: 

16 hours ago, mattn792 said:

For what it’s worth, I came down with the flu after C2E2.  At least it waited till today to hit though. 

:fear:

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
12 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Maybe he missed where you don't feel well, but cheer up! I could be patient "0" for all I know, I thought I had the crud but didn't go to the doctor. I could have coughed on someone who then went to China...... :foryou: 

Well, if you are not Patient "0", I certainly hope you are very careful whenever you push the button to cross a street, touch a door handle to enter a public washroom, etc.  :fear:

Can't wait for this year's flu season to be over since it normally runs from December through to March, just so that everything can hopefully get back closer to normal.  :wishluck: