• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is used to be my happy place....
4 4

185 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, G G ® said:

102 not out!

That's a helluva innings. :applause:

unfortunately, she is lucid an in complete control  of her faculties, so i can't pull any tricks on her, like making up zombie stories about covid19, to keep her from going out. it gets depressing, but then i start thinking about how boring things are for other people. i mean, and just an example only, what in heaven's name do you do now if you are a jehova witness? 

1 minute ago, wilbil said:

what in heaven's name do you do now if you are a jehova witness? 

Camp out in Tom Cruise's garden?

I'm sure the Scientologists have all the answers... :insane:

On 3/19/2020 at 9:52 PM, G G ® said:

I'd like to say something about this chaos we are living in and then I'm out.

I am in a very high risk group, some of you may know, and those who don't I have no intention of boring you with the details.

I am supposed to be in 12 week quarantine for my own protection. Problem is I can't adhere to it. I have a 90 year old mother who can rarely get out, and doesn't really understand the significance or the gravity of the current situation. But guess what? She has to eat like the rest of us.

This morning I had to take her to a local 'mall' crammed with people acting like locusts trying to buy food and supplies. I have to take over and do the shopping while she sits down on a bench 'cos she can barely walk.

So I'm at the checkout, with a fair bit of stuff for my mum and I say to the guy behind me, 'you can go in front of me' cos he only has two items. The guy looks at me as tho' I was a piece of s**t and goes in front of me, doesn't say thanks, kiss my arse or anything.

Meanwhile my mum is sitting at a cafe in the mall and someone comes up and gives her a free cup of tea, asks her if she is alright etc.

Moral of the story:

Doesn't matter how bad the situation, some humans will be wonderful, some will be d**ks.

That is the human condition.

Hey Paul,

I don't get on the boards much anymore but I saw your post and wanted to wish you all the best.  

Stay safe and best wishes to you and your mom.  

5 minutes ago, telerites said:

Hey Paul,

I don't get on the boards much anymore but I saw your post and wanted to wish you all the best.  

Stay safe and best wishes to you and your mom.  

Hi Jeff. Always good to hear from one of my favourite Boardies.

Thank you for the well wishes.

You also stay safe and look after yourself and your family.

Take care my friend.  

On 3/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, The Lions Den said:

I had a similar experience while walking on the sidewalk in front of the post office. A lady pulled into a parking spot as I was walking by...and she ran right over the curb and took out a bicycle post! She came very close to running me over, but I immediately jumped away as fast and as far as I could. Then she backed up and parked in the correct spot. I waited for her to open her door, but she sat in her car, talking on her cell phone like nothing happened. I just shook my head and continued into the post office, but in my mind I was thinking that you never really know when your number will come up, do you? It could be anytime or anywhere. 

At least in the current situation, we've all been warned... 

Someone totally needlessly brushed up on the back of my coat in the supermarket today. I considered yelling at her but decided she might cough on me. I thought about burning my coat when I got home, but it cost $200 so I put it in the corona corner to let the cooties die.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, G G ® said:

You guys make it sound like I was out on a jolly taking my mother along for the ride.

I visit her 3-4 times per week and I take her all her supplies. However I do not own a car which makes things more difficult. Also my mother may be 90 but she is still her own person and stubborn. She was going stir crazy and wanted to get out the house because she had not been outside for several weeks. She also does not want to lose her mobility in her legs. 

She informed me what she intended to do and I tagged along to protect her from the crowds and push the trolley, and carry all the shopping back because there's no way she would be able to manage it on her own.

I really didn't want to go the indoor mall at all but I had little choice. I couldn't and wouldn't physically restrain her, so I did my duty.

Sometimes life is not so glib or straightforward. Everyone's circumstances are different. 

You know, I did edit my post right away to sound nicer, but you quoted my original draft. I'll remember that if you need toilet paper.

Anyway, I'm in a pickle with my mother as she should be staying with me, but cannot get up my stairs to the bathroom, so it's not feasible.

Edited by the blob

12 hours ago, the blob said:

Someone totally needlessly brushed up on the back of my coat in the supermarket today. I considered yelling at her but decided she might cough on me. I thought about burning my coat when I got home, but it cost $200 so I put it in the corona corner to let the cooties die.

According to the label (and if it's allowed to sit on the affected surface for at least 10 minutes) Lysol spray kills the coronavirus. Not sure if that applies to this new strain, however...

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

According to the label (and if it's allowed to sit on the affected surface for at least 10 minutes) Lysol spray kills the coronavirus. Not sure if that applies to this new strain, however...

You think I have Lysol?

Update: Quebec is now on full lockdown except for essentials until April 11

But I am feeling better. Lots of family time and the kids aren't fighting too much xD

On the bright side, have lots of time to re-read SSOC from the beginning. Such great stories and art - highly recommended! 

Stay safe everyone and more importantly follow the rules and stay at home. 

Don't let the negative thoughts and the television news let you down....  There is so much more to life.

A little boy waved to my 2 year old daughter as he went by on his little scooter through our bay window in the living room and she waved back and said, "See you soon!"

There are moments to cherish during this crisis.... we will make it through it.

ps. Just don't ask my opinion about the teenagers partying in Florida for Spring Break.

I hope those out of shape, pasty white, doughy teens get a good life lesson about reality.