• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CLOSING TODAY - 20% OFF! 33 Golden Age Books! Recap pg. 11
5 5

205 posts in this topic

OK everyboardie, that's everything that will be offered in this thread. Plenty left, so I will leave this open for a while; I know I sometimes hem and haw on some books before taking them. 

BUT I will also scoot over to Copper/Modern now and start a thread there. Lots of books to come, but I'll just do a few to give the general flavor tonight. So if you want to watch that one too, that's awesome. If you're not interested and want your books from this thread, just PM me and I'll get a PM tally to you, probably tomorrow.

Either way, thanks to all takers, lookers and krappers. (thumbsu Once again, what started as a sales thread also turned into a board conversation thread, and that is my favorite kind of sales thread, whether mine or anyone's else's. Thanks gang for participating; its the only way we bring our little virtual world to life, after all.

I'm off to Copper/Modern....

RECAP: 36 books plus 3 freebies left! Some I'm firmer on than others, but comps are tough on many so I am open to reasonable PMs (and absurdist threadkrap!)

Pg 1:

Archie Annual #8 VG/VG- $15

Baffling Mysteries #18 VG- $75

Wyatt Earp #9 GVG $10

Pg 2:

Wow Comics #66 FN/FN+ $50

Crime Does Not Pay #64 FN- $25

Adventure Comics #107 GD $50

Feature Book #49 (Perry Mason, Case of the Lucky Legs) VG/VG+ $40

Roy Rogers #1 VG- $40

Famous Stars #4 GVG $15

Ozark Ike #13 FVF $100

Red Ryder Comics #1 GD- $175

Pg. 3:

Crime and Punishment #29 VG/VG- $20

Archie #33 GVG/VG- $40

Pioneer West Romances (Firehair) FN/FN- $50

Weird Adventures #3 FR $100 (Bondage, hypodermic needle PCH)

Roy Rogers #6 VG- $5 (or FREE with purchase of Roy Rogers #1 on pg 2)

Blue Bolt v.8 #4 VG/VG- $20

Pg. 4:

Liberty Comics #10 GVG $50

Doll Man #43 GD $30

Pg. 5:

Blackhawk #21 GD/GD+ $25

Super Magician v4 #2 VG $40

Pg. 6:

Famous Funnies #8 VG $225 (1935!)

Pg 7:

Nothing! Loaded with quality thread krap and funnybook chatter, however...

Pg. 8:

Three coverless FREEBIE choices: Police #66, Wanted #25, TTA #65 (yeah, I know its silver, but its free!)

Pg. 9:

Leading Comics #7 VG+ to VG/FN $130

Airboy v5 #9 GVG $35

Weird Science Fantasy #25 VG $70

Picture Stories from the Bible Old Testament #2 GD- $15 (Gerber no-show)

Airboy v4 #4 VG $100 (classic Kirby cover)

Boy Comics #35 VG/FN $35

Captain Midnight #5 FR/GD $100

Archie #28 VG $70

Pg. 10:

Jughead #7 VG/VG- $60

Archie's Pals 'n Gals #6 VG+ to VG/FN $50

All-American Comics #66 GVG to VG- $175

Link to my Copper/Modern Thread; lots more coming over there, including a full Gaiman Sandman run and many early Valiants:

Edited by Readcomix

On 3/20/2020 at 10:31 PM, Readcomix said:

Zip Comics #41 in GD. Harry Sahle cover detached at single staple; couple center wraps detached. All here, big ol' fat funnybook from 1943. Mix of superheroes and humor, a transitional book as Archie takes over MLJ. Only 4 on census; a pair of 7.0 tied atop. This would be a "compare to ebay" moment right here, folks. (WAS $200) NOW $175

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

SOLD Via PM! Thank you! :headbang:

On 3/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, Readcomix said:

Let's start off with the freebies, just for fun....Free with any take, just claim, but please choose one. We'll go one to a taker unless/until we get to leftovers, then we'll call for seconds. (If you've purchased already but did NOT get one of the first two freebies these are open to you as well.) Five choices: Police Comics #66 coverless, Wanted #25 coverless, Nellie the Nurse #15 coverless, Real Fact #15 partial cover and splash page (atomic war story), and one silver age, a coverless Takes to Astonish #65, the new Giant-Man.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit: real fact 15...as long as I read the post correctly.

1 hour ago, Jonathan78 said:

Take at 20%

True Secrets #16 FN $50
Crime Must Pay the Penalty #47 VG- $10
Crime Does Not Pay #54 in GVG to VG- This one's loaded, starting right up front with the bullet in the head cover. $30

Nellie-Freebie

Triple Crown ^^ Jonathan78! Thank you! :headbang: