• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which presents better??

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

So I have 2 copies of Panic 8 and wanted to know which one people thought presents better. I know which one is technically better but wanted to know which presents better for my collection.

I actually think B presents better. I think it's the lack of stray marks and less heavy creasing. I actually think some of the aging around the edges helps frame the center, but I also have a personal affinity for things that show a little bit of their age, so take that as you will.

I hate foxing, so I'd take copy A all day. 

I go through this all the time with minor upgrades to various silver and bronze holdings. Trying to decide which VG+ book presents better often makes me think flipping a coin would be easier. Glad to see someone else perseverating likewise!  :nyah:

I hate pen scribbles and love date stamps, store stamps and the like so for me, Copy B is the nicer to look at.

Although I will be completely honest in saying I dont get why anyone would want to display this comic. Maybe personally, sure you can enjoy it, but for others this is definitely one of the most boring covers of all time so the idea of taking time to display it just seems odd to me. 

But if you are an optometrist with a penchant for the aharoni font style then go for it!

11 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I hate pen scribbles and love date stamps, store stamps and the like so for me, Copy B is the nicer to look at.

Although I will be completely honest in saying I dont get why anyone would want to display this comic. Maybe personally, sure you can enjoy it, but for others this is definitely one of the most boring covers of all time so the idea of taking time to display it just seems odd to me. 

But if you are an optometrist with a penchant for the aharoni font style then go for it!

Its for the personal collection. I recently completed my Panic run at C2E2 and I have 2 doubles but this was the harder one to decide between.

8 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

I'd lean towards copy A but it does have that writing scribble which to some (myself included) that's an eyesore.  Can be pretty subjective on which presents better.  I've seen books that "present better" IMO at a 4.0 due to back cover staining then a 8.0 that has a horrible miswrap.

Yeah I dont like the scribble ether!

6 hours ago, converseba said:

I actually think B presents better. I think it's the lack of stray marks and less heavy creasing. I actually think some of the aging around the edges helps frame the center, but I also have a personal affinity for things that show a little bit of their age, so take that as you will.

You should see my EC collection its really low grade but I get what I can! I like the aging of the book as well.

Just now, Raze said:

You should see my EC collection its really low grade but I get what I can! I like the aging of the book as well.

I also like books that are clearly aged but still look good and are strong structurally. Like read and loved but cared for so it lasts ya know. I appreciate high graded stuff and the fact it exists always amazes me but I moreso appreciate a book with character that still looks good for it’s age.