• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*CLOSED*
3 3

47 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2020 at 8:54 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey Sharon;

Since you took the time to send them a message, can you please let us know what their "official" response is if you happen to get anything back from them.  (thumbsu

I got this the next day. So I'm going to leave my books with them for now.

"

Thanks for the follow up Sharon – we agreed on this in January – I pasted the original email. Nothing has changed on my end since I emailed this. I haven’t activated any books, I haven’t done anything to your books at all. I’m completely clear on your wishes.
"

On 4/3/2020 at 1:50 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, that's definitely something different with the big clock that's counting down the number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds until each individual lot ends.  hm

The only thing is that the Home Page indicates something like 56+ days, while the individual lots are running at something like only 23+ days.  O.o  

It’s pretty simple. The bigger time is when the auction ends as you mentioned and the smaller numbers are when each auction starts.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Is anybody else also receiving these spam emails from CC saying that due to continuing last minute requests from consignors, they are extending the deadline for acceting consignments for thie May Event Auction?  hm

Seems rather strange to me since I thought this first Event Auction after their disasterous website revamp was supposed to be only for non-consigned books.  At first, the new acceptance deadline was for Monday April 20th and now it looks like it has been extended to this coming Friday April 24th.  Really doesn't make much sense to me since this May Event Auction is scheduled to start next Monday on April 27th and I can't figure how they can slot anything new in there when they don't even have their current 2,267 lots loaded into the system in aplha order yet.  :screwy:  doh!

WTF:  The consignors are really going to love this one here as it's just totally screwy from an auction website point of view.  :screwy:  :screwy:

Unlike Heritage which has links to prior sales for the same book, if you click onto any of the auction lots, it will have a list of the same book or other similar copies that Metro or CC has available for sale from its current inventory.  Not only is this using your consigned book to promote other copies which they have sitting in their inventory, but it also sets a cap on how much your copy will be able to achieve as it's really linking any potential bidders to all available competing copies of your consigned book.  doh!

With this automatic built-in competing feature linked to all auction books, I simply don't see any reason why potential consignors would want to consigned their books to CC going forward, unless they want a cap to be put in place on their books based upon available competing copies.  :mad:  :censored:  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

18 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
27 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

unless they want a cap to be put in place on their books based upon available competing copies.

. . . said nobody, ever

Well then, I assume you must also be busy like me right now, rushing to pack up all of my GA goodies before their Friday deadline just so I can consign them in time for their big Event Auction whereby they can use all of the other existing copies from their deep deep inventory gathered over the decades to help promote our consigned books for us.  :devil:

Or even better yet, if we ask nicely, they might even provide potential bidders with automatic links to the same books from other competing auction houses like CL, HA, etc. in order to provide bidders with a even more complete picture of what is available to them before placing a bid on your consigned book.  :facepalm:  doh!  

Edited by lou_fine

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well then, I assume you must also be busy like me right now, rushing to pack up all of my GA goodies before their Friday deadline just so I can consign them in time for their big Event Auction whereby they can use all of the other existing copies from their deep deep inventory gathered over the decades to help promote our consigned books for us.  :devil:

Or even better yet, if we ask nicely, they might even provide potential bidders with automatic links to the same books from other competing auction houses like CL, HA, etc. in order to provide bidders with a even more complete picture of what is available to them before placing a bid on your consigned book.  :facepalm:  doh!  

Ha!  

They did ask me if I wanted to consign, and I responded only if I could put a reserve on my books.  I like these guys, and believe they will get over this bump, but they never answered me when I brought up the idea of a  reserve.