• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IN THE ERA OF COVID19...BUYER'S MARKET?
9 9

662 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313085269717

I stumbled across this company and their high grade raws....check out their 'other' items...not much bidding tho!

That’s very suspicious. This book, if unrestored, would go for at least triple that price.

i smell a rat

2 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

That’s very suspicious. This book, if unrestored, would go for at least triple that price.

i smell a rat

You do have to wonder (in this age of the 'professionally' encapsulated book) why a dealer would just sell very high grade raws exclusively when they could have them graded and boost their prices.

It makes me think right away, why?

1. Do they have in fact some resto?

2. Have they been previously graded and cracked out, and having the raw grade advertised, bumped?

3. Has the seller some sort of moral objection to books being entombed in plastic?

Whatever the reason it raises all sorts of flags for me.

31 minutes ago, G G ® said:

You do have to wonder (in this age of the 'professionally' encapsulated book) why a dealer would just sell very high grade raws exclusively when they could have them graded and boost their prices.

It makes me think right away, why?

1. Do they have in fact some resto?

2. Have they been previously graded and cracked out, and having the raw grade advertised, bumped?

3. Has the seller some sort of moral objection to books being entombed in plastic?

Whatever the reason it raises all sorts of flags for me.

Me too!

(Why I posted it)

But imagine....just imagine an unlimited bankroll to buy these books at raw high grade, if they weren't fraudulently advertised.

Brings me to the movie back 2 the future and my recurring fantasy of building a time travel machine and traveling back in time to purchase high grade raws! Oh and throwing all my stocks away in Delorean motor company

:roflmao:

Edited by Hollywood1892

30 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Me too!

(Why I posted it)

But imagine....just imagine an unlimited bankroll to buy these books at raw high grade, if they weren't fraudulently advertised.

Brings me to the movie back 2 the future and my recurring fantasy of building a time travel machine and traveling back in time to purchase high grade raws! Oh and throwing all my stocks away in Delorean motor company

:roflmao:

Just imagine how well those Deleorean's would have sold if they came equipped with a functional flux capacitor. 

9 hours ago, october said:

That seller is a well known scammer that's been around the hobby for decades. There are a ton of threads about him, just do a search on the boards. 

Some people think he's Dupcak.

18 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I had to Googleloo that poor guy!

If you've ever watched Breaking Bad, Walt refers to him once in a chemistry class he is teaching.