• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there an easy way to post a video here?

12 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I have a few short iPhone camera videos that I would like to post here. I tried the drag and drop method like I do photos and I wasn’t able to.

What would be the easiest way to do this? 

Many help would be appreciated!

I was told earlier today, uploading to YouTube first and copying the link works

I thought about trying to upload via a PM on Facebook and copying that link lol

Let me know if that works haha

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That will work. Just copy and paste the web address of any youtube video here and it will appear.

Ok I did that but, when I upload to youtube:

It says making the video private, copying link won't work

Marking it "unlisted" will let me copy link, but it says "I'm legally required to say yes or no is it marked for kids or not" I'm not sure where to make that choice.... ???

So I'm not sure still

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Marking it "unlisted" will let me copy link, but it says "I'm legally required to say yes or no is it marked for kids or not" I'm not sure where to make that choice.... ???

So I'm not sure still

Just put no.

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
25 minutes ago, D84 said:

Just put no.

it didn't give me a space to say yes or no...... it just said it was required, that's my point.....where do I choose?

Never mind, I figured it out now that I'm awake, I must have been tired last night. I didn't see the "studio app" option on mobile to adjust the advanced audience settings.

Still, having to configure the settings "after upload" even when unlisted is a pain. I wish that I could just set them all that way to forget about it :( 

I typically would use YouTube but lately the uploaded videos are low quality and limited file size so I've recently started using Google Drive and have uploaded very large videos without issue.

I use a free software (Audacity) to modify music as needed and then the default Microsoft editor to add music to videos. 

Here a sample of a video I created from our Easter drive in the country ... for some reason it's not crystal clear as on my iPhone so I have some stuff to figure out. 

Country Drive  

Here's a YouTube sample from the Rockies 

Rockies Near Yellowstone

These videos are unlisted but I think they should play since I'm providing the links. 

In any case, just play around with YouTube and Google Drive, you'll see it's fairly easy to upload and share videos. 

22 hours ago, Bax77 said:
On 4/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So I'm not sure still

That's a standard question now, like clicking ok for cookies or "I am not a robot" capcha. Just say no and continue.

Welcome to the Boards :) And thank you for making your 1st post an answer to my question lol I got the vapors hahahah js & jk

But ya I had to "upload the video" then go to a different part of youtube to mark it no, and I didn't even see how to do that at first. Late night and I was tired.

Still got it worked out I think, we'll see if I ever have the nerve to put my mug in front of a camera haha