• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-Vol-1-Near-Perfect-High-Grade-1st-Appearance-of-Venom/402380545232

Any opinions. Of all the non graded copies on eBay right now this appears to me to be the nicest with the fewest imperfections based on the photos provided. However it does have an unverified Marfarlane signature on the first inside page so I assume this will be a Green Label or will it be a Blue label graded down? Anyone think it is worth acquiring?

I don't know if it's worth acquiring, but if signature is on the first page, it should come back blue label with no mark down in grade to my knowledge. That's allowed under cgc for blue label :)

20 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-Vol-1-Near-Perfect-High-Grade-1st-Appearance-of-Venom/402380545232

Any opinions. Of all the non graded copies on eBay right now this appears to me to be the nicest with the fewest imperfections based on the photos provided. However it does have an unverified Marfarlane signature on the first inside page so I assume this will be a Green Label or will it be a Blue label graded down? Anyone think it is worth acquiring?

Well, I see no green labeled completed listings so it’s a tough call. Either way, you will get more value out of it if it’s graded. 

Ive only been here less than a month, but id say a 9.2 range. Just a guess🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Crushingame

3 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:
28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Newsstand or no?

Direct 

Thanks! With all the talk, I have a direct, it's just nice to see that:

If Newsstand becomes a thing, at least at this stage, the core of direct is holding strong  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! With all the talk, I have a direct, it's just nice to see that:

If Newsstand becomes a thing, at least at this stage, the core of direct is holding strong  :)

Lots of copies in various grades went on sale this week.  Let’s see if the market can absorb them and maintain current prices?

1 minute ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Lots of copies in various grades went on sale this week.  Let’s see if the market can absorb them and maintain current prices?

Ya I was looking at all this for a true test....of stability

And for the Newsstand data takers

Do you think it will level off in price with both direct in Newsstand for a while, then Newsstand showing higher? Or is that currently the case? And if so it's stability?

Just thinking I haven't heard a lot on Newsstand sales, but I guess they are fewer available for sale and wondering like signature series if they can ever truly be tested to show a percentage of premium?

For now directs are on the rise and may hold, still new? But the only perception is Newsstand may have a premium due to less availability?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do you think it will level off in price with both direct in Newsstand for a while, then Newsstand showing higher? Or is that currently the case? And if so it's stability?

Just thinking I haven't heard a lot on Newsstand sales, but I guess they are fewer available for sale and wondering like signature series if they can ever truly be tested to show a percentage of premium?

For now directs are on the rise and may hold, still new? But the only perception is Newsstand may have a premium due to less availability?

I would think so

26 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

A smart move with someone with a decent bankroll would be to buy a few of these copies at the inflated prices which would subsequently drive up the prices of the entire lot...whoever would do that would be a genius

Inflated prices? 🤔 All grades have increased.  My opinion, I don’t see them going down anytime soon🤷🏻‍♂️

but, who knows. Weird 🤬 happens.

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

we know this:

they are more rare in higher grade...yes

the barcode isn’t that eye appealing to most. No

Get this thought; the eye appeal of the bar code cancels out the rarity factor of the book, therefore keeping it pretty much on level pricing as the direct🤷🏻‍♂️

just sayin lol

Edited by Crushingame

7 minutes ago, Crushingame said:

Inflated prices? 🤔 All grades have increased.  My opinion, I don’t see them going down anytime soon🤷🏻‍♂️

I think he just means so far prices are rising, not that any shenanigans gave taken place, yet

I'll admit I thought about Jameson needing more copies to get to 80 copies, but I'm sure he is on the level, I'm positive of that;however, if the prices do stick, I hope hes able to get them cheaper rather than later

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think he just means so far prices are rising, not that any shenanigans gave taken place, yet

I'll admit I thought about Jameson needing more copies to get to 9.8, but I'm sure he is on the level, I'm positive of that;however, if the prices do stick, I hope hes able to get them cheaper rather than later

Buy now or forever hold your piece. 

I wonder where most sales come from regarding ASM 300

millennials or old school ?

7 minutes ago, Crushingame said:

3 months ago the book sold for $2000 USD

Now you couldn't get one for under $4000, but FMV is only determined by a few recent sales, so once a few of those sales increase then anyone trying to sell the book aren't going to sell it for $2000 USD, they will only try to sell it for as close to FMV as they can.

Also with HA-Heritage Auctions sold a ASM 50 at Auction for $56, 000 and the previous FMV was only $36,000. So I estimate that ASM 300 FMV will increase to $4000 very soon, good luck ever getting one for under thst now.

And with the increase of the 9.8 it will only push the lower grades up as well

Just so I'm clear, I believe this book is a long term hold that has the potential to be a Hulk 181 type of book in its desirability, collectability and ultimately value. However, we're getting to a point on eBay and other sites where supply is starting to outpace demand. I don't think this upward trend can or will continue in the short term - I think prices will start to stabilize and maybe even dip a bit soon. I think it'll bounce back in the long term, but I think @jjonahjameson11 had it right a few posts back when talking about the plateaus and rebounds.