• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Honest question...isn't that fair?  Just a few weeks ago it sold for $6900.  Then you have to account for the fees on top of that.  All in all that sounds about right at a specific point in time in the past month.  Nobody knew that it would suddenly spike up to $8K.

***No, I'm not the person who made that offerlol

Of all of the "I dont want to pay X I want to pay Y" arguments, this is the most bizarre.

15 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Of all of the "I dont want to pay X I want to pay Y" arguments, this is the most bizarre.

No silly rabbit.  I understand a book going up in price.  It's the velocity that I'm pointing out...$6.9K to $8.0K in less than a few weeks.  If it was from $6.9K to $7.0K I would just pay "X" and not haggle with "Y".

***Trix are for kids:bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No silly rabbit.  I understand a book going up in price.  It's the velocity that I'm pointing out...$6.9K to $8.0K in less than a few weeks.  If it was from $6.9K to $7.0K I would just pay "X" and not haggle with "Y".

So because (insert variables here), the price of the book is going up, but you should be able to pay the price for the book you could have paid last week?  Or a price for the book you could have paid last month? 

Good plan, get that payment ready to send over to someone. ^^

1 minute ago, bluehorseshoe said:

So because (insert variables here), the price of the book is going up, but you should be able to pay the price for the book you could have paid last week?  Or a price for the book you could have paid last month? 

Good plan, get that payment ready to send over to someone. ^^

No man.  I was asking why the offer price was considered unfair.  Then it was explained to me why the offer was unreasonable.

But you're too smart for me to argue with.  You're the true ^^.

8 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The velocity of the price spike for Asm 300 in 9.8 is similar to xmen 129 and other bronze/copper books.  It’s nuts, but I don’t think we’re done yet with the price spikes

I just received a private offer on eBay for an ASM 300 SS 9.8. Only $10,000. I am kicking myself in the *** for not buying one of these last Spring for $2,500.

Not sure who is going to be the first to pay +$10,000 for this book...but it will not be me.

Edited by Greatwhite

1 hour ago, Greatwhite said:

I just received a private offer on eBay for an ASM 300 SS 9.8. Only $10,000. I am kicking myself in the *** for not buying one of these last Spring for $2,500.

Not sure who is going to be the first to pay +$10,000 for this book...but it will not be me.

$10K+ for a SS 9.8 has already been achieved a few times.

Not to belabor the point of all this, but a 2.5 just sold for $70 more than I paid for my copy (which is only an 8.5) less than 8 months ago... crazy.

2.5 OW/W sold at a BIN of $449.99 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/154438894486?hash=item23f5468396%3Ag%3AzDAAAOSwyHtgkJT3&nma=true&si=5kHO1Z3AZPPhvThBhVsbjR6dF9s%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Wow, and I just saw a 2.0 OW/W went for $455 after 18 bids - https://www.ebay.com/itm/174751958555?hash=item28b007461b%3Ag%3AQNIAAOSwC8lgjBY-&nma=true&si=5kHO1Z3AZPPhvThBhVsbjR6dF9s%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Jesse-Lee
words missing

17 hours ago, miscus555 said:

the way they put a little more humor in the symbiote will work very well for the movie audience. Something that was always missing in the comics but that's the way it should be. It's a good addition for the movie to give that black blob some character.

True.

However, Tom Hardy is back as Eddie Brock, which is unfortunate because he has the emotional range of a turnip.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, MGsimba77 said:

GPA says 7400 on April 29th as the last 9.8 sold but there's no hyperlink as mycomicshop sales usually are. So make of that what you will.

The book you're asking about sold for $7400 on April 29. It sold on eBay, and GPA doesn't link our eBay sales like they do for sales made on our site.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:00 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The velocity of the price spike for Asm 300 in 9.8 is similar to xmen 129 and other bronze/copper books.  It’s nuts, but I don’t think we’re done yet with the price spikes

Exactly.  The velocity has been mind boggling with respect to some of these books.  So here’s the question… when are we done?  I mean, at some point, I’d think the money that’s pouring in would have to slow down.  The 300 sat at around 2k for the longest time then boom - now selling for 4-5x that amount.  Does it hit 10k, then 20k, etc?  Considering there are so many 9.8s on the census, when does everybody who wants one owns one, regardless of how much they have to pay?  It’s questions such as these that have me perplexed right now.

1 hour ago, Vince G said:

Exactly.  The velocity has been mind boggling with respect to some of these books.  So here’s the question… when are we done?  I mean, at some point, I’d think the money that’s pouring in would have to slow down.  The 300 sat at around 2k for the longest time then boom - now selling for 4-5x that amount.  Does it hit 10k, then 20k, etc?  Considering there are so many 9.8s on the census, when does everybody who wants one owns one, regardless of how much they have to pay?  It’s questions such as these that have me perplexed right now.

I imagine a large number of the specs will attempt to unload at the 10k mark. Will the market be flooded with 9.8s when that happens?  We’ll just have to wait and see. :popcorn: