• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Stimulus cheques of up to 2K per month were flying out for up to 8 months here, and only recently stopped last month.  A new stimulus program started this month with cheques of up to 2K per month...you can also earn up to $1K per month and still qualify for the second round of stimulus.

perhaps the stoppage of stimulus funding is a regional thing, but the Canadian government is doling out hundreds of Billions to us.

I assure you that I have sold numerous books to folks on this message board who have paid/will continue to pay me in monthly instalments just as soon as they receive their stimulus cheques.

Well damn lol. You guys are getting paid.

U.S. only received a 1200 stimulus check. There are talks of another one coming, but who knows.

29 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

We are just youngins in this game

lol

Yep

Speaking of which almost every book I've seen has gone up, making the ones I've put off look tempting before it's too late lol

And in retrospect I hope this thread ages well ha!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which almost every book I've seen has gone up, making the ones I've put off look tempting before it's too late lol

And in retrospect I hope this thread ages well ha!

I have actually seen a bunch that haven't and believe me I'm watching

New Gods 1

Forever people 1

ASM 41

ASM 46

Zero movement 

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I have actually seen a bunch that haven't and believe me I'm watching

New Gods 1

Forever people 1

ASM 41

ASM 46

Zero movement 

I typically hunt for deals pretty hard, and I've gotten some decent deals lately because of stuff that is sitting. Nothing super ground breaking, but still. A lot of DC is fairly cold - I've got 3 of the 4 parts of Batman Year One and I paid less than FMV - and since it's just for me and not to flip, and I don't chase 9.8s, that means I'll be able to put together a set of 9.4s for less than $150 (depending on how much the last one is). I also got a great deal on a 9.4 X-Men 141, which also seems fairly cold to me right now.

18 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:
23 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

have actually seen a bunch that haven't and believe me I'm watching

New Gods 1

Forever people 1

ASM 41

ASM 46

Zero movement 

I typically hunt for deals pretty hard, and I've gotten some decent deals lately because of stuff that is sitting. Nothing super ground breaking, but still. A lot of DC is fairly cold - I've got 3 of the 4 parts of Batman Year One and I paid less than FMV - and since it's just for me and not to flip, and I don't chase 9.8s, that means I'll be able to put together a set of 9.4s for less than $150 (depending on how much the last one is). I also got a great deal on a 9.4 X-Men 141, which also seems fairly cold to me right now.

Awesome Lee

I can vouch for most DC is at a standstill, jimmy olsen 134 etc

Like holly mentioned even some marvel, some X-Men etc

I guess the ones I've noticed that went up were ones I was after 😂

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Now that is just silly

Agreed - gotta believe some buyer's remorse is going to set in on that one. Again though, the cynic in me can see someone buying this and one of those re-pro covers and trying to pass it off as a real book for big money... Hope that's not the case.

28 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Agreed - gotta believe some buyer's remorse is going to set in on that one. Again though, the cynic in me can see someone buying this and one of those re-pro covers and trying to pass it off as a real book for big money... Hope that's not the case.

Honestly, that sounds more likely

8 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Well, there is a cover by itself for sale and the inside by itself. Somebody may try to put the two together for a little $$$. Not impossible to conceive.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:03 PM, Greatwhite said:

Well, I just bought a raw ASM 300 for more than I ever thought I would. It looks good from the pics but I will see when I have it in hand. See what CGC grades it at. If it is less than a 9.2 it will probably be a mistake. Hope for the best...

Quoting myself. How pretentious...I just received this copy. It is pristine except for one very small spine tic. I had to snipe this one in the last 10 seconds as I had been sniped on the 4 previous books I had been bidding on. It is definitely going in to CGC and if it grades high as I think it should(but I have been wrong about many things) it should be a good investment as it will definitely be worth more than I paid.