• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 heating up
8 8

1,679 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

A 9.8 white pages just sold on eBay for $5.9K.  This sale, in addition to yesterday’s clink sale of $6.5K indicates the bar has moved upwards again. 
The $5K plateau that lasted these past few months has lifted.  Look for continued higher prices in the short term.  🚀

Amazing 

13 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

A 9.8 white pages just sold on eBay for $5.9K.  This sale, in addition to yesterday’s clink sale of $6.5K indicates the bar has moved upwards again. 
The $5K plateau that lasted these past few months has lifted.  Look for continued higher prices in the short term.  🚀

Yep....I'm thinking this book has so much power despite it's commonplace in the comic community. Supply and demand completely ignored in terms of value, and this is due in my opinion to the amount of collectors out there who want this as the mantelpiece in their collection. In terms of value my X-Men 1 is the most valuable and maybe 4-5 times the value of this book, but ASM 300 is still my favorite book. And you could probably agree that you have more valuable books, but this could be your most beautiful!

LOVE VENOM!

Like you literally see some sort of Venom variant on everything (Comic wise) nowadays!

Let's ignore Supply and demand and remember what the great economist Adam Smith said in his Magnum Opus Wealth of Nations

"The true value of something is how much someone else is prepared to pay for it"

Also

"Man is an animal that makes bargains, no other animal does this. No dog exchanges bones with another dog"

Edited by Hollywood1892

33 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Supply and demand completely ignored in terms of value, and this is due in my opinion to the amount of collectors out there who want this as the mantelpiece in their collection.

Let's ignore Supply and demand and remember what the great economist Adam Smith said in his Magnum Opus Wealth of Nations

Supply and demand is not ignored. It is the exact opposite. Demand exceeds supply and prices rise. Just because there is more supply for a book like ASM #300 does not mean market forces are ignored or excepted. If there was little or no demand, prices would be a fraction of current values. See any ASM issue around 300. Supply is likely similar, but prices are much lower because the demand is not there. 

2 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

Supply and demand is not ignored. It is the exact opposite. Demand exceeds supply and prices rise. Just because there is more supply for a book like ASM #300 does not mean market forces are ignored or excepted. If there was little or no demand, prices would be a fraction of current values. See any ASM issue around 300. Supply is likely similar, but prices are much lower because the demand is not there. 

Let's approach this in another way, shall we?

Print run was high for this book and there's no denying it.  ASM 300 has the most # of copies slabbled by CGC and there's no denying it.

However, I do not believe supply is high for 9.6's and 9.8's.  Many people are hanging onto their copies (in many instances, they have multiple copies) for whatever reason.  The reasons for hanging onto this book are numerous, but regardless of the reason, that supply of books is held back from the marketplace.

Now, when you add ever-increasing demand for the book, the result is the current volatility for this book, which I expect to continue to the second Venom movie and beyond.

21 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Let's approach this in another way, shall we?

Print run was high for this book and there's no denying it.  ASM 300 has the most # of copies slabbled by CGC and there's no denying it.

However, I do not believe supply is high for 9.6's and 9.8's.  Many people are hanging onto their copies (in many instances, they have multiple copies) for whatever reason.  The reasons for hanging onto this book are numerous, but regardless of the reason, that supply of books is held back from the marketplace.

Now, when you add ever-increasing demand for the book, the result is the current volatility for this book, which I expect to continue to the second Venom movie and beyond.

I read like 1/2 a sentence of what you wrote and completely agree...I got to "Let's approach this...."

Edited by Hollywood1892