• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CLOSING TODAY! 25% OFF! Bondage! GGA! Nazis! Gore! MORE Men's Adventure Mags! (aka "Sweat Mags") Lurid! Perverse! Violent! Fun!
2 2

145 posts in this topic

The Books:

A selection of 58 men's adventure mags, sometimes referred to as "sweat mags." From what I've read, these are post-war descendants of the pulps, as these saw their heyday in the late 50's through the 60's, petering out (and relying more on pix and less on art) by the early 70's. Like scarcer Golden Age comics, most of these books are tough and don't come to market all that often. I got lucky to come into a collection to enjoy, then share here. If you like pulps and pre-code comics you should peruse these for fun even if you don't want to buy. This thread should be a conversation to bring attention to an under-the-radar genre that is a cousin to pulps and pre-code comics. There is a great thread about them in the Magazines section where you can enjoy covers and learn some more. When you're reading a thread and see a guy like @Robot Mansay he almost never comes across them in all his hunting, you know they're tough!

So please, enjoy and comment even if you're not shopping!

:rulez:

Five simple ones:

First :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment: Check or Money Order

Shipping: USPS Priority, so somewhere between $8 (Legal Flat rate) and $15 (Medium Priority box) or whatever Large priority costs nowadays if you go hog wild.

Don't be listy (tsk) this includes the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime.

Who's ready for Nazis, Commies, half-naked women, guns, whips and torture????

Edited by Readcomix

Just now, Randall Dowling said:

Those issues of Adventure are particularly tough to find.  When you search for "Adventure" on eBay, you get the phone book.  Great stuff, Gene!

Thanks Douglas! Glad to have a board expert in these with eyes on the thread. Welcome!

And that reminds me -- sorry gang if it's slow between posts but finding comps to price these is often difficult.