• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reslab this DD 1?

18 posts in this topic

I was able to get a decent deal on this copy of Daredevil 1. Granted, it’s only a 2.5 but as you can see the positioning in the slab is terrible, to the point that the back cover has folds in the top left corner. 

my question is, would this be a good candidate for a new slab? I know it currently says “tape on cover” and I’d hate to get downgraded to a purple label or drop a grade. 

Appreciate any input. 

8A6ACDB5-F540-4C7A-9724-4610145FC034.jpeg

FB75B04B-96B6-4DFC-A35C-BCCB6D1D3B8C.jpeg

4A00A266-3513-4BFD-9F45-8E5A5AE83C53.jpeg

9C24E5DE-0187-4869-85AD-006A079F4058.jpeg

6 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I could see having some work done to this book, such as having the top corner of the back cover pressed back down and the spine aligned. Then it may actually fit into a normal Silver Age holder...

Does a spine alignment get a purple or conserved label? Or is that within the threshold of non- restorative work? 

On 7/18/2020 at 11:46 PM, Will96 said:

It's really a bit of a hot mess in that slab.... I think that would bother me to no end.... I would, but maybe those with real experience with this will have good insight for you.

I feel the same way, just scrolling down my whole stomach started churning. 

But you know what, no need to spend all that money at once. You could crack it and send it for a press (there are a myriad of options, most o them inexpensive) and spine reorientation and then just keep it in a mylyte.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I feel the same way, just scrolling down my whole stomach started churning. 

But you know what, no need to spend all that money at once. You could crack it and send it for a press (there are a myriad of options, most o them inexpensive) and spine reorientation and then just keep it in a mylyte.

Definitely. Get those things done. Leave it mylar and take another run later for a cleaning and removing the tape.... It's DD so I'm bit biased, but a comic like this deserves it and I think it would be rewarded