• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contest to pick the last issue of Flash Comics that is obtained by Flashlights
4 4

599 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, flashlites said:

We got out but everything was closed here no Sonic no Mc D's all the gas pumps were turned off at the gas stations, Wataburger was open but the drive through line was wrapped twice around the building and back out onto the road??!! Wal-Mart was open but they said they were closing soon and the inside McD's was closed so no fast food for Flashlites today  doh! I forgot to check and see if Big Belly Burger was open!!

image.png.271c78c6fa012a3403f20cc83765fd55.png

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol whataburger is always open hahah, the year the storms took out power fo nearly 8 hours that's where we went too hahaha

But ya the wait time :tonofbricks:

There was to be rolling blackouts today but we havent lost it yet. We have to count our blessings  :tink:

@flashlites & @ADAMANTIUM & @Crops068 Hope you guys don't lose power!

I have a friend near Southlake & his family lost power a few hours ago & he is trying to get a hotel now! 

I had not realized that practically everyone involved in this thread recently is from Texas except me. :flamed:

We had some temp extremes, but are prepared for them. We may not like them but we're prepared. On February 18th I had to drive about 25 miles west of Minneapolis to work. It was a balmy -22 when I left and -34 when I arrived. Fortunately for me I could not detect any difference.  (shrug)

giphy.gif

On 2/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, Comics4All said:

Hey

I just realized a lot of folks from Texas are in this thread!

How are Y'all doing with the Snow/Ice??

Other than 60ish hours without power then 4 days with a boil only water notice, we did fine.  New place has a fireplace and we were lucky enough to find firewood.

Board games 4tw!  And understanding bosses as I didn't have to use any PTO for it, I was keeping track of the company comings and goings from my cell phone and charging it from my car.

6hrs of running my car on idle with a surge strip charging a laptop in the house and full heat, including seat warmers, with cell phone(s) charging and listening to the radio only knocked down about 6 miles of gas from my tank. lol

Are we all except FTG from Texas???? Should do a Flashlites Contest get together. ;)

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Other than 60ish hours without power then 4 days with a boil only water notice, we did fine.  New place has a fireplace and we were lucky enough to find firewood.

Board games 4tw!  And understanding bosses as I didn't have to use any PTO for it, I was keeping track of the company comings and goings from my cell phone and charging it from my car.

6hrs of running my car on idle with a surge strip charging a laptop in the house and full heat, including seat warmers, with cell phone(s) charging and listening to the radio only knocked down about 6 miles of gas from my tank. lol

Are we all except FTG from Texas???? Should do a Flashlites Contest get together. ;)

A Flashlites get together would be awesome! We could all meet up somewhere in the middle maybe Austin? I know a great comic shop in Austin! We shall see as the contest comes to an end.

3 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Wow!

That must have been some ordeal for you guys!

My heart went out to you! You guys are not used to that kind of cold /bad weather!

I'm in the Northeast, so when we get a foot of snow and it's & degrees, that's called Tuesday! lol

I want to move to Texas! My friend just moved there! 

I'm jealous: I wanna be in the Flaslites get together!

Plus , you guys have Buc cees! lol 

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

A Flashlites get together would be awesome! We could all meet up somewhere in the middle maybe Austin? I know a great comic shop in Austin! We shall see as the contest comes to an end.

I am down, I am right outside Austin.  Which store, ABC, Dragon’s Lair, Bat City, Rogue’s, Titan Moon?

3 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Wow!

That must have been some ordeal for you guys!

My heart went out to you! You guys are not used to that kind of cold /bad weather!

I'm in the Northeast, so when we get a foot of snow and it's & degrees, that's called Tuesday! lol

I want to move to Texas! My friend just moved there! 

I'm jealous: I wanna be in the Flaslites get together!

Plus , you guys have Buc cees! lol 

I am from VA and while everyone else slept next to the fireplace, I slept in my bed. Granted I was fully clothed, but still. 
I also went out every other day to check the roads. Didn’t spin out once, slow and steady wins the race!

Well fly on down, I have a couch.... lol

And have a Buc-ee’s 1 hour north or south. LOVE Buc-ee’s 

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I am down, I am right outside Austin.  Which store, ABC, Dragon’s Lair, Bat City, Rogue’s, Titan Moon?

I am from VA and while everyone else slept next to the fireplace, I slept in my bed. Granted I was fully clothed, but still. 
I also went out every other day to check the roads. Didn’t spin out once, slow and steady wins the race!

ABC of course! I go there every time I'm in Austin. Gotta love Buc-ee's!!! Don't they have Buc-ee's everywhere??

5 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

This the way when driving in the snow/ice!

If I make it to Texas, I will certainly hit Y'all up!

8 minutes ago, flashlites said:

ABC of course! I go there every time I'm in Austin. Gotta love Buc-ee's!!! Don't they have Buc-ee's everywhere??

no Buc ees was TX only for the longest , but they opened a few in Florida and other southern states now. 

My friend is a Disney fan & he told me about them

17 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I go to ABC infrequently. Their back issue prices are a bit steep. But they have a huge selection and multiple storefronts all connected.  

I am closest to Rogue’s gallery, unfortunately they have ZERO back issues. Great prices on new incentive books. 

Bat City is where I call home, they are a non-profit. Have a weekly FB “wine” down video and does a zoom book club.

Titan Moon I have been to a few times with @BladeTX