• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Alf 48 soon to be a 1k book in 9.8?
4 4

101 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2020 at 9:58 AM, Buzzetta said:

I started to read the graphic novel... got interrupted and immediately moved on... When the movie came out, I said I will watch it after I read the graphic novel... when the sequel comic series came out I said I will read that after I tackle the other stuff... When the TV series came out I said the same... 

At this point... it seems like more work than I really want to invest in it. 

Best movie adaptation of a comic book ever made, imo.  Maybe Sin City next.

Edited by Poekaymon

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

The Crow gets that vote from me. 

I was big on it when it came out, but I rewatched it a few years ago and found some of the acting too jarring.  Still good though.  Had a kickass soundtrack.

Edited by Poekaymon

Up to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I will see this through to the end like watching a train that caught fire running off the rails over the mountain as people are screaming from the windows watching the impending doom of the approaching ground before them... 

k... ttyl

On 7/24/2020 at 2:03 AM, Gaard said:

Harry Potter is the only movie I have ever walked out on. Too boring.

I love Almost all things sci-fi and fantasy ... literally fell asleep during the first Harry Potter movie.  No booze involved, and the only time this has ever happened on my life.

1 minute ago, szav said:

I love Almost all things sci-fi and fantasy ... literally fell asleep during the first Harry Potter movie.  No booze involved, and the only time this has ever happened on my life.

12 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Quite sure, I remember vividly from that evening the date I took with me that was none too impressed...

Long story short the relationship lasted about as long as my interest in the movie did.

1 hour ago, Poekaymon said:

Best movie adaptation of a comic book ever made, imo.  Maybe Sin City next.

Watchmen Director’s Cut is excellent.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:02 AM, october said:

I've lots of copies of both, and I have sold them as fast as I get them....in any grade. I have zero personal interest, but plenty of people seem to want them. 

I get the appeal of the book, I just don’t see much reason to pay huge money for a 9.8.

The joke is just as funny when it’s a 6.0, so why break the bank?

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Not sure why I just wrote this little rant.

Hide contents

This might only matter to you if you care about this comic and have some odd need to have it in high grade.

In that sense-- it is not worth anything to me. It is a joke cover at best. Without trying to be that guy who judges what you collect, I simply do not care about this comic. In a similar light-- I do appreciate a book like Action #1 -- but it is not something I "must have" or even think I have any chance of getting one-- short of a miraculous find. Even then-- I would probably only care what it was worth to sell it.

I don't collect for what things are worth. I collect stuff I think is interesting. I'd bet most people think this way. The ones who are super focused on values are dealers and so-called "comic investors". I'm not a fan of investors honestly- because I am more interested in someones passion for the hobby than their ability to manipulate others in the hobby. Dealers have their place and god love them-- they do keep this hobby moving forward by procuring and providing avenues for obtaining the books.

Amen, brother!

9 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Not sure why I just wrote this little rant.

Reveal hidden contents

This might only matter to you if you care about this comic and have some odd need to have it in high grade.

In that sense-- it is not worth anything to me. It is a joke cover at best. Without trying to be that guy who judges what you collect, I simply do not care about this comic. In a similar light-- I do appreciate a book like Action #1 -- but it is not something I "must have" or even think I have any chance of getting one-- short of a miraculous find. Even then-- I would probably only care what it was worth to sell it.

I don't collect for what things are worth. I collect stuff I think is interesting. I'd bet most people think this way. The ones who are super focused on values are dealers and so-called "comic investors". I'm not a fan of investors honestly- because I am more interested in someones passion for the hobby than their ability to manipulate others in the hobby. Dealers have their place and god love them-- they do keep this hobby moving forward by procuring and providing avenues for obtaining the books.

It’s a very intelligent post, not a rant. 

Edited by Ken Aldred