• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC REGISTRY MAIN AWARDS $500 IN SUBMISSION CREDITS!! CONGRATS ALL WINNERS!!! 2020
2 2

25 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, namisgr said:

What's the story with submission credits?  hm

Well I'll be honest best forumite in the past haven't got the submission credits ....

@Buzzetta and @delekkerste

As those aren't "registry" awards per se, but you will get a plaque !!! :tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I'll be honest best forumite in the past haven't got the submission credits ....

@Buzzetta and @delekkerste

As those aren't "registry" awards per se, but you will get a plaque !!! :tink:

Where does it say anything about the submission credits?

14 minutes ago, greggy said:

Where does it say anything about the submission credits?

It doesn't here, but when the deadline was announced of June 12th it did. Although I haven't won the "registry" credits yet, you can call to ask about it, rest assured since you won you'll get them :) 

I'd have to look to see where and if it still mentions it, but if I find it I'll get back to you :foryou: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

It doesn't here, but when the deadline was announced of June 12th it did. Although I haven't won the "registry" credits yet, you can call to ask about it, rest assured since you won you'll get them :) 

I'd have to look to see where and if it still mentions it, but if I find it I'll get back to you :foryou: 

Wooo, I'm rich

Just now, greggy said:

Wooo, I'm rich

here it is greggy! :tink:

Announcing the 2020 CGC Registry Awards

Posted on 3/5/2020

Every year, CGC awards the top sets in the CGC Registry. Ensure your set is at its best by 5 p.m. ET on June 12 to be automatically considered for awards. Winners will be announced July 24.

Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) has announced that prizes valued at more than $10,000 will be awarded for the 2020 CGC Registry Awards.

The CGC Registry is a free online platform where collectors register and display their CGC-certified collectibles and compete against other collectors around the world for recognition and prizes. This popular resource now boasts more than 5,000 participants, 75,000 sets and 600,000 collectibles.

Winners of major CGC Registry Awards will receive a personalized plaque, an icon of recognition next to their CGC Registry set and a $500 CGC grading credit! Winners will be announced on July 24, 2020.

This year, winners will be selected in the following major award categories:

• The Three Best Golden Age Sets (comics published starting with Action Comics #1 June 1938–1959)
  • The Three Best Silver Age Sets (comics published 1960–1969)
  • The Three Best Bronze Age Sets (comics published 1970–1979)
  • The Three Best Copper Age Sets (comics published 1980–1989)
  • The Three Best Modern Age Sets (comics published 1990–present)
  • The Three Best Presented Sets (sets with the best descriptive text and images)
  • The One Best Magazine Set
  • The One Best Custom Set
  • The One Best Signature Series Set
  • One Collector for the John Verzyl Sr. Registry Masterpiece Award (based on a collector’s overall collection of Registry sets)

Overall quality, balance and completion will all be important considerations — in addition to a set’s score — when judging sets in competitive categories.

Additionally, collectors with the top set in each set-type category will receive an icon of recognition by his or her set in the CGC Registry. Winners will also have the option to print a certificate of achievement through their My Account page. Sets that are private will not be considered for awards.

To participate, just enter your set online in the CGC Registry by 5 p.m. ET on June 12, 2020. Winners will be announced on July 24, 2020.

CGC Chat Board Awards
In addition to the CGC Registry Awards, CGC will recognize three outstanding contributors to the CGC Chat Boards. The CGC Chat Boards are a vibrant community where collectors can come together to share their passion for comic books. It is a resource created and maintained by you, the collector, and the CGC awards would not be complete without the recognition of the top contributors. For the CGC Chat Boards Awards, we will consider a forumite’s complete history of posts in determining the winners. The winning forumites will receive a personalized plaque.

To view the CGC Chat Boards, Click here.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8114/#:~:text=This popular resource now boasts,announced on July 24, 2020.

1 minute ago, greggy said:

Yeah, but how do I access it?

Am I gonna trust accounting to do it right?

xoxo

lol that's the thing, it's in CGC's court, it'll happen but the when and how is out of my wheel house ha. With the best forumite plaque or the certificates...... it took months, my hope is credits are quicker, surely!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol that's the thing, it's in CGC's court, it'll happen but the when and how is out of my wheel house ha. With the best forumite plaque or the certificates...... it took months, my hope is credits are quicker, surely!

They used to give you a free membership when they only had one tier in the past and a coupon for 3 gradings of any level.  Just wondering how this is gonna work and how accounting is going to tie everything together.

26 minutes ago, greggy said:

They used to give you a free membership when they only had one tier in the past and a coupon for 3 gradings of any level.  Just wondering how this is gonna work and how accounting is going to tie everything together.

Why don’t you call and stop threadcrapping 

• Administrator
22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm hoping to get the $500 credits applied in the winners' accounts by the end of this week.

Regarding the certificates and plaques, it always takes a bit longer than we like because it takes time to generate the lists, correct any issues in the data, get them through production and finally out the door. There were a couple of years where we had to wait on certificates or plaques that were backordered for several weeks.

40 minutes ago, dena said:

I'm hoping to get the $500 credits applied in the winners' accounts by the end of this week.

Regarding the certificates and plaques, it always takes a bit longer than we like because it takes time to generate the lists, correct any issues in the data, get them through production and finally out the door. There were a couple of years where we had to wait on certificates or plaques that were backordered for several weeks.

Ah No Worries, that's business, we can be patient :) We're just thankful and excited :banana: