• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Better investment (keep vs. sell): Avengers #1 or Hulk 181?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Just now, Keys_Collector said:

Funny how perspective differs from collector to collector.  I've never owned Avengers #1 at any point in the past 30 years because I don't care too much for that team while I have Hulk 1 and 181 since they are two of my favorite Marvel characters and all time favorite covers of mine.

respect

42 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Gotta be honest, a big reason I sold the 181 (and the IH#1 at the same same) is 1) I made big multiples on both since I bought them and 2) just not a fan of Hulk or Wolverine in books or movies. And I am one who loves the cover to Av#1.

I love the early SA Marvel covers and Avengers 1 is no exception.

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

Gotta be honest, a big reason I sold the 181 (and the IH#1 at the same same) is 1) I made big multiples on both since I bought them and 2) just not a fan of Hulk or Wolverine in books or movies. And I am one who loves the cover to Av#1.

I'm a huge fan of the Avengers cover. I've owned 2 copies and have a nice 3.5 now,  but would upgrade if the opportunity was right. 

I bought my hulk 181 probably back in 1999.  It's a 7.0 and I'll probably never trade or sell it, but I also wouldn't upgrade it.  I'm happy with it and would rather put $$ toward other books. 

I’ve never been a fan of Avengers 1....no first appearance and my 3rd favourite Marvel team(xmen & FF). However if you’re planning on owning the books again down the road there are fewer Avengers 1 books out there. 

Personally I’d keep hulk 181 and never buy Avengers. If you plan on owning them both, keep the Avengers.