• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dylan Still Trying to Scam People with Restored Books?
6 6

404 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, G G ® said:
2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Dupcak would have unslabbed it and sold it as a raw 9.9 unrestored after more trimming.

That sounds more like Ewert.

It was definitely a Dupcak scheme: 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

#ShadyAF

I am sure he will come and launch a tirade against the world again and threaten others with possible lawsuits. 

This is what he does I guess.

This is who he is I guess. 

Good guess :roflmao:

I posted on my Instagram story feed about him and he sent me a messaging saying that what i'm doing is "against the law".  Then he made a post tagging me and CGC talking about it being completely their fault and that they've had the books for a month.  I said it on the first page of last thread about this....he has emotional maturity issues in dealing with issues like this.  He could have easily:

1. Accepted his fault in this by admitting to listing them as is AND not putting anything in the subject line about restoration

2. Apologized and moved on

3. Stopped digging the hole deeper by talking about disassembling books, removing resto and what not.

Pretty simple when one realizes how to handle situations like this instead of making it worse.  Unfortunately, it seems like this thought pattern/process will continue.  Probably a result of a privileged upbringing where your dad allows you to make a career out of selling comic books. (shrug)

1 minute ago, Keys_Collector said:

I posted on my Instagram story feed about him and he sent me a messaging saying that what i'm doing is "against the law".  Then he made a post tagging me and CGC talking about it being completely their fault and that they've had the books for a month.  I said it on the first page of last thread about this....he has emotional maturity issues in dealing with issues like this.  He could have easily:

1. Accepted his fault in this by admitting to listing them as is AND not putting anything in the subject line about restoration

3. Stopped digging the hole deeper by talking about disassembling books, removing resto and what not.

Pretty simple when one realizes how to handle situations like this instead of making it worse.  Unfortunately, it seems like this thought pattern/process will continue.  Probably a result of a privileged upbringing where your dad allows you to make a career out of selling comic books. (shrug)

Bob Storms clearly outlined possible courses of action. 

Just now, Keys_Collector said:
10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

#ShadyAF

I am sure he will come and launch a tirade against the world again and threaten others with possible lawsuits. 

This is what he does I guess.

This is who he is I guess. 

So, if I'm following correctly, this goes back to Dylan asking the original buyers for the books back and he sent them to CGC for a new holder/label.

I believe this particular ASM was one which was supposed to be sent back. Does Dylan have the books back or not?

If he doesn't have the book, why was it relisted?

If he does have the book, it should be a different label.

Just now, manetteska said:

So, if I'm following correctly, this goes back to Dylan asking the original buyers for the books back and he sent them to CGC for a new holder/label.

I believe this particular ASM was one which was supposed to be sent back. Does Dylan have the books back or not?

If he doesn't have the book, why was it relisted?

If he does have the book, it should be a different label.

Did you read this thread?  He says that it was relisted automatically by eBay (which I don't buy) and that the books are with CGC being reholdered.

3 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Did you read this thread?  He says that it was relisted automatically by eBay (which I don't buy) and that the books are with CGC being reholdered.

Ahhh, I missed the CGC part.

However, I do not see where it says eBay automatically relisted the book.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Just got a message on eBay from the seller stating that the book was accidentally relisted and is currently at CGC.  He is ending the auction.

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Ahhh, I missed the CGC part.

However, I do not see where it says eBay automatically relisted the book.

He said it was relisted by accident. 

While he didn't say it was an automatic relisting, that's usually the scenario where a book gets relisted without you realizing it. But of course, that makes no sense here anyways.

11 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

He said it was relisted by accident. 

While he didn't say it was an automatic relisting, that's usually the scenario where a book gets relisted without you realizing it. But of course, that makes no sense here anyways.

eBay didn’t relist it. I have been selling there for over a decade and I’ve never had a sold book relisted automatically; it makes no sense. 

Best case scenario Dylan relisted a book he sold a month ago — which is no longer in his possession and would really have no reason to even click on —by accident (and it took him several days, a calling out here, and eBay messages) to realize it. 

Worst case scenario...

8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

eBay didn’t relist it. I have been selling there for over a decade and I’ve never had a sold book relisted automatically; it makes no sense. 

Best case scenario Dylan relisted a book he sold a month ago — which is no longer in his possession and would really have no reason to even click on —by accident (and it took him several days, a calling out here, and eBay messages) to realize it. 

Worst case scenario...

Ebay does automatically relist BIN auctions.  They are relisted until cancelled.

But from the original listing for this book, it appears to be an auction style listing so unless there is some seller setting that I am not aware of, you are correct and Ebay would not have automatically relisted this item.

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

6 minutes ago, telerites said:

Ebay does automatically relist BIN auctions.  They are relisted until cancelled.

But from the original listing for this book, it appears to be an auction style listing so unless there is some seller setting that I am not aware of, you are correct and Ebay would not have automatically relisted this item.

eBay does automatically relist auctions if you request it.

relist.thumb.jpg.bdeffa5ac539c37a2c7c19dca3a4c99a.jpg